Emulator Problem: what Plug-ins are best for me?

lilchrisdog4

I use pcsx2 0.9.8, and I have a desktop running windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit), 6 GBs of RAM, and a quad-core AMD Athalon II X4 610e processor (2.40 GHz). I downloaded the Spyro Trilogy (A New Beginning, The Eternal Night, and Dawn of the Dragon) from ProjectBlackTower.com, and all of them don't show the main menu, just the background of it, and run very slow (about 30 fps, not the usual 50+). I'm just wondering what graphics/audio/PAD plug-ins I should use, and how to speed up the game. Current graphics plug-in: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16, Audio: SPU2-X r4600m 1.4.0, PAD: LilyPad svn (r4510) 0.10.0.

Jale

Try using the default plugins since they offer the best compatibility. Also, make sure the game is playable by looking at the PCSX2's compatibility list on their site.

Lukong

Try This Plugins
Config > Plugin/Bios Selector
GS: GSdx (MSVC 15.00 SSE2) 0.1.7 [GSdx]
PAD: MegaPad plugin (beta) 2.0.0 [MegaPad]
SPU2: SPU2null 0.7.1 [SPU2null] for No Sound OR: SPU2-X 1.1.0 [SPU2-X-1.1] for Sound
CDVD: cdvdGigaherz (r4510) 0.8.0 [cdvdGigaherz]
USB, FW & DEV9: Default
9uncdc.png

Last edited:

Lukong

Okay, yesterday I transfered some of my files from my First Laptop to my Second Laptop. [Not because something wouldn't work, its my Second is 2.0GB Faster, though Windows XP would give me less trouble. All I would have to do is switch the DDR3 RAM from the Second into First and my First Laptop becomes 3.0GB Faster...I could, but then I would have to transfer the payload again.]
x5useu.png

I was trying to play DEF JAM - Fight for New York and was getting large blacks columns, so of course I tried different plugins I found out there is another plugin and I think this setting that the other GS plugin I suggested didn't have may be able to solve your problem.

Try This Plugin
GS: GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16
-Settings-
Renderer: Direct3D10 (Hardware) OR: Direct3D9
Interlacing (F5): None [Note: Its for shaking & etc]
-D3D Internal resolution (can cause glitches)-
Original PS2 resolution : Checked
-Hardware Mode Settings-
Allow 8-bit textures: Checked
2hz02fr.png

Do do not be afraid to change the resolution settings because it maybe that the "Allow 8-bit textures" options is what allowed me to see the menu. Uncheck Native > or Use Scaling: Choose "Custom" > Enter in Pixel by Pixel to change Resolution [640x640, 800x600, 1024x768, 640x480, etc]

vBulletin Message
The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message.
Could I get a warning ahead of time [To: Admins & Mods], have what I was going to write below with the vBulletin message or if a person is in the middle of editing the timer is paused. Back Button/Backspace didn't help and neither did the History. Also could I get that [1440] in Hours and Days.

Last edited:

Lukong

Could someone Delete this post. I by accidently saved this post, while getting something I said.

Last edited:

Lukong

2 Things: First When using GSdx 4600 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 you must use a LilyPad plugin [Lilypad svn (r4510) 0.10.0] and Second just use Original PS2 resolution because with this plugin you could just Double-Click on the Game for a Fullscreen.

I just noticed that your using the same GS plugin, SPU2 & Pad for Spyro as I am for Def Jam thanks for mentioning your plugins.

Last edited:

Lukong