Gamepad vibrations don`t work on ePSXe

Nace

Today I bought a gamepad, and I cannot set up the vibrations on ePSXe. They do work, the driver for the gamepad is installed properly,and everything.

I think that ePSXe does support gamepad vibrations - but I guess I cannot get the right plugin - or maybe I don`t know how to configure them...

In short lines - does anyone khow how to make a gamepad vibrating on ePSXe? :)

Jale

Try setting your gamepad to DualShock in ePSXe. If it doesn't work, use another input plugin.

Nace

thanks for the response. whell, when I enter the Gamepad configuration (in ePSXe) there is no "Dual Shock" option - on the left side there is a model of an orriginal PS gamepad, and you can map your keys there, and on the right there is a setting for the rumble (which, later on I found out that it ment "vibration" ) :)

So I tried out some settings from there - but still without result... Example: big motor: constant; Small motor: sline......

You said something about plugins - can you reccomend any? Where can I configure them in ePSXe? Where can I activate the gamepad plugins?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the gamepad is a PC gamepad. I noticed that people are talking about using playstation gamepads - and plugins were needed. Mine is a PC gamepad...

Last edited:

Nace

Thanks for the link butters - I tried some things, but still without success. :(

I`m not that experienced in these ePSXe stuff... I just might be doing everuthing wrong - can you pls be a bit more concrete and explain it to me step by step? :)

About choosing a plugin and setting it up? Are you using a gamepad with vibrations - how did you managed to set it up...?

Jale

I've never tried with ePSXe, but it works like charm in Project64. I'm more of a Nintendo guy.

Nace

OK...
Does Mario Kart 64 has vibrations?

By the way - The vibrations work perfectly when I test them in the Windows control panel...

Jale

OK...
Does Mario Kart 64 has vibrations?

By the way - The vibrations work perfectly when I test them in the Windows control panel...
No, Mario Kart isn't Rumble Pak compatible (no vibration). If the controller vibrates, then the problem is the plugin you're using or the game you're trying to play doesn't support vibration. Also, make sure the vibration option is enabled in the game.

Nace

whell thanks anyway. I`ve heard that ePSXe often gives tese sort of problems so - i guess i`ll play without vibrations...

RockY

L H D T P M
I've seen that ePSXe is having problems with vibrations... you can always try AdriPSX & PCSX, they support it.