Help with Saturn (SSF) emulator (MDF/BIN files)

skaldicpoet9

Hello, I am new to Saturn emulation and am having a problem with loading files that are mds/mdf based and that are bin/cue files. I have no problem with the games I already have (Earthworm Jim 2, Shadow Over Mystara) these games were iso/bin and I just had to generate a new cue file and mount them with daemon tools to play them. But these mds/mdf and games that have only a bin and cue file initially are giving me problems. I have tried to mount them with Daemon tools but to no avail; I have also tried converting the mdf & bin files to isos and trying to play them but I just keep getting this message "disc unsuitable for game system" I have tried all three bios and still no luck. Please if someone knows how to play these types of files (mds/mdf,bin/cue) let me know how, so far I can play files that are iso/bin first but not other types apparently.

montpics

Did you try changing the Region to USA/JAPAN/EURO?

skaldicpoet9

Did you try changing the Region to USA/JAPAN/EURO?

Yeah I tried all three. At first I thought it was that because I had some other games that were giving me the "disc unsuitable message" but I changed the region and they were fine. I am stumped as to what to do....I have a Bomberman MDF and MDF file but don't know how I can possibly play it.:(
By the way:You change the region by going into the settings and selecting either us,europe or japan right? Am I supposed to match the region and bios right? That's what I thought anyways, well if anyone has a clue let me know......

skaldicpoet9

maybe you can change the .cue file make a new one of that game

Yeah that is what I did before if I am reading you correctly. First I downloaded ISOpen and used it to convert the MDF file to an ISO and then I used UltraIso to convert the MDS file into a CUE file and then generated a new CUE in the Sega Cue Master program and then tried mounting the two in Daemon tools....is that what you mean by changing the .CUE?

When I mount just the MDS file by itself I get this: MasterSH2 code = E101
06033006 : (E101) MOV .H'01,R1 SlaveSH2 code = BOBE 20000200 : (BOBE) BSR H'20000380..................some more of that..........and then "Unknown SMPC command : OA....................I have no clue what this means, what am I doing wrong?

NEVERMIND.........I figured it out..... stupid me, turns out that the game isn't compatible on the SSF, damn. Anyways thanks for the help:)

Last edited: