Street fighter III(newb question)

APhex

the windowlicker
I recently downloaded SFIII for mame but it doesnt work.....

what do you guys think i should do?

Get another MAME?

spotanjo3

I recently downloaded SFIII for mame but it doesnt work.....

what do you guys think i should do?

Get another MAME?

I am using both MAME32 and CPS3 Emulator v1.0a. Both works fine. Mame can run it just fine. I am using two which is rom.zip and CHD both to run that way.

Maybe you are missing something. Show your screenshot of your roms.. What mame version ? I can tell if you are missing something.. That's why your mame didnt work because something is missing. I can help you with step by step if you want. :)

Last edited:

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
I dunno exactly which version of mame it is,the folder says ''mame090b''

To play Street Fighter III on MAME, you need at least version 0.117, and it seems you have version 0.90b

So go to here and download the 0.122 version.

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Also with mame, bear in mind that the first time you boot SFIII, it has to unpack the CD data which takes around 25 mins.
It only happens on the first boot though, once its in nvram it will boot immediately every other time you start it up.

willyham

Parselmouth
mame mameuifx32 doesnt pick up my controller...im using logitech dual action...

hmm...any ideas? thanks

furrynick

Captain America
Like some of the guys said u need to run SF3 with an emulator version tha's curently runing a working SF3 version. The game is still not 100.00% emulated. The latest version is MAMEUI132.122u7. This version is still saying, Working Video Emulation isn't 100.00% accurate. I wonder if they just stop working and content that the game is completed enough even know is not 100.00% complit, to stop and leave it the way it is. I'm sure that they would have emulated and complited the game 100.00% by now.:excl:

markulous

Hmm...it won't work for me either. It says:

sz3e_03c.03 (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND
sz3e_04c.04 (524288 bytes) - NOT FOUND

It's also almost close to the same thing on Alpha 3. I've downloaded it from 3 different places but every one of them have the same file missing. Is that an easy file to find?

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Those 2 files are found in the sfa3.zip file (which is the parent rom). You must have the parent for any of the other versions of this game to work. Parent roms are master files which contain all of the rom information, other versions then only contain the files that are different from the files in the parent with mame taking the remainder from the parent (keeps file sizes smaller that way).

If you have the rom sfa3.zip and those 2 files aren't inside it then your rom is out of date and you need to obtain it from a more reliable source.

This game is Street Fighter Alpha 3 which is not the same game as Street Fighter 3.

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is currently 100% working and ok in mame.

Street Fighter 3 running on CPSIII hardware however is still under development although it is 100% playable.

ratbrain

I have all the files for mame except for the following:

sf33rdbios.rom NOT FOUND

Where can i find this one remaining file?

thanks!