Found a 3DS Emulator.. Is it real?

XCaiusX

Hi guys :)

I'm new in here.. I Decided to start with this topic.

I found a 3DS emulator in some website and saw a video about it in youtube which seemed that the 3DS emulator was in fact real.

i just want you guys to see if it's real.

the website is: 3dsemulator.org

And another question if i may:

If the emulator is real, where can i download games for it?

Appreciate your view of the topic :happy:

testmachine

Old member
No it is not real.The website may seem to be professionally done.But that's the catch.They're doing it so that it looks professional,so that they can gain trust from internet users.So that they would download the (Fake) emulator.
This website bears resemblance with other fake emulator websites.Like the ones with a fake Xbox360 and PS3 emu.Even the (fake) emulator bears resemblance to other (fake) emulators.They literally just changed the (Fake) emu logo in the emulator UI.
So don't download anything from that website.Understood?
Reason why you shouldn't download the emulator:
The executable file of the fake emulator is certainly a virus.Probably a backdoor trojan agent,or a keylogger,or a worm.So don't download it.
Also can a moderator please remove the link in his post.Thank you.

Last edited:

SuperSonic2

3DS Emulator Maybe Fake
Cuz when You Download It
Maybe There's A Vuirs
And
Do Not Ask Us For Any Roms
Remember
If There's An Emulator And No Roms To Download
It's A Fake Emulator

StardustAR

A few question here.
1.) how do you know that it contains virus? Is it verified that it contains one?
2.) which comes out first? a rom or an emulator? or do they comes out at the same time?
3.) @CalinCool why is it fake if it doesn't have a taskbar? you can always stop "explorer.exe"'s process and it will be gone, and the same can happen if you choose to put the taskbar under other windows, or put it to auto-hide mode

Sorry if this might be reviving something that should be dead already, but the questions just keeps bugging me for a few days that I made an account just to ask these

testmachine

Old member
@StardustAR
To answer your first and second question:
1:A simple virus scan should do the trick
2:That's a stupid question.I mean really stupid.The rom comes out first of course.And the emulator will (maybe) come out these years.
But i wouldn't expect it to come soon.Because the encryption on roms isn't cracked yet,so how would we expect a emulator to come out?

soratheultima

[EDIT] there is a hidden file that the fake emulator does make, it redirects you to malicious sites [EDIT] srry for randomly replying but. I did download this and scanned it multiple times with multiple virus scanners (malwarebytes, avira) nothing came up (it happens when you start the emulator). its still fake if you look at the plugin list they use plugins from pcsx and other ps1 emulators. just don't download it since it's not real.

Last edited:

Drinkyourtea

Hi Everyone,

It actually does have viruses I downloaded a similiar program without realising and had to do virus removal so avoid these sites at all costs oh yeah my variation is 3DSeMu so stay away from that site and the one mentioned.

Oh almost forget to mention when you try to start the program it doesn't so much "start" as it goes into a screen asking you to complete a survey to use it when that happened I was just like "WTF did I just download a dud?"

Regards

Last edited:

nexus382

Sorry but..... I feel this is a valid set of questions. I also feel that there is a NEED to ask questions, otherwise this site and others like it are useless. One last thing. I think we need to remember that we all were noobs to EMU's at one point and there is no such thing as a "stupid question". If this site is only for people that know everything there is to know about emulators, I need to find another site to post on.:dry:

So to end this thread, NO it is not real and YES it has been verified.:D

I Will disagree with the ROM issue thou. Again, not saying anyone is wrong here nor am I a professional, but I know my way around a computer... and there are sites that let you download 3ds roms. You were able to play the roms on your 3ds using a flashcard, but nintendo took that away with an update due to serious pirating with the DS and the 3DS's leaps in online handheld play. so for now you can get cards for homebrews and such, but as for playing roms....well that isnt today. :fuckyou:

If I have anything incorrect please let me know. I am here to learn and help, not know all. Hope this helps and my sources are below. :)

SOURCES:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/status-of-having-a-3ds-playing-roms.344649/
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/06/nintendo_blocks_3ds_flashcard_with_latest_firmware_update

nexus382

First off, there is no such thing as a stupid question. Ask away because then these sites would be useless.;)

Second, there are many places to download roms, but we don't do that because it is stealing and thats bad and can get forum sites in trouble. :cool:

Third, there was a way to play 3DS games on the 3DS, but after all the DS issues with pirating, nintendo blocked being able to play illegally pirated roms on the 3DS using the flash card. :fuckyou:

Forth, the "EMU" that was provided is a fake and with the research I have done, I cant seem to locate a working one.:confused:

This is a repost because my earlier post had links to my info sources in them. so eventually maybe it will be put up here... sorry guys

WaldCZ

Hello, I read some forums about the 3ds emulator if it even EXIST.
I have experience too.
Sometimes the emulator has password, then it send you to the page and then.....survey !!! But this is old.
But sometimes it lets you download the emulator BUT then when you open it, it says ,,There are missing BIOS'' or ,,There are missing files, you cant play it'' and then again...... page with survey !!!
What it will be next ???

Haxoaxe

there is a site from where u can download 3ds roms but not emulator <link removed>

Last edited by a moderator:

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
So you came to the forums to simply break the rules? Great first first!