OMG! I can't get this ISO to run either what is going on! Please help!

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya! I have made 1 other topic moaning about not be able to get 3 ISO files to work but being able to get two other considerably smaller ISO's to run:msn_confu I've downloaded a file which is over 600MB the game file is Oddworld Abes Oddysee and I can't get this file to run on the emulator either (epsxe1.60) I need some help here AGAIN please:

File stats:

Size: 640 MB (671,545,344 bytes)
Extension: iso

I've tried loads of configs and now I am just getting confused to see more details on my configs, available plugins and machine capabilities look on my other topic.

Thanks in advance. :D

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
The only way your going to get an .ISO extention file to wok on ePSXe is to mount it to a Virtual drive using Daemon tools Alcohol 120% or Power Iso. You could also download ISO Buster or Magic ISO and extract the RAW data. In order to play the game un-mounted it has to be in either .IMG or .BIN format and just changing the extention does not work so either choose to mount your image or extract the RAW Data its up to you.

Xiedo

Are you sure? I have a few .iso files I created using ISOProducer and I can run them without a virtual drive.

Xiedo

Well, when you select Run ISO it says ".bin, .img, .iso" files right there. I suggest trying that before using a virtual drive. In my experience all .iso files can be played directly.

Crazy: You could try other emus like pSX. If the files really are corrupted there's not much you can do for them.

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
tied FFVII and VIII in ISO formatt and it didnt work BoFIV as well... and pSX isnt all that good Next after ePSXe i would think Psxeven... but thats just my opinion

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Thanks for all of your replies, I'll try everything you've said, I've got two iso files which work but I'm downloading a BIN file of Crash Team Racing and I hope it works, I've tried the iso files on PSXeven too but no reception!

Thank you, be back on soon! :):D :cool:

Last edited:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya again people! I've downloaded DAEMON Tools, and when I mount an image onto a virtual drive for example Oddworld Abe's Oddysee, a still image appears (atleast there's something) and then at the bottom of the screen it says either 'Cancel' or 'Install' and ofcourse I want to install so that I can play it, but this error appears on screen to the effect of System32\AutoExec.exe\. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS applications and Windows Applications AAARGGH! I'm sooooo annoyed, what can I do?

Thank You! :)

Crazy!

Road Runner!
No I think it's fine it's over 600MB and when I run it the opening screen comes on but it says Install, which I do, but it doesn't bloody work, there must be a solution, surely?

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
it should not say install... my guess is you probably downloaded a computer game someone made to look like a Psx game and when you mount the ISO to the virtual drive with Daemon its just like putting the Cd in your computer and your trying to open it using your Emu. If you have a Psx game and your playing it, it should never ask you to install it, if that was the case then if you put the REAL game in a REAL playstation it would ask you to install it onto the playstation wich does not happen. It is not a Psx game so it will not work.

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Ok, thanks for your help!:D

PS: Oh maybe I downloaded a PC game version and that's why the Install panel comes on, it seems right, but I can solve this, right?

Last edited:

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
yeah get a diff ISO. Cant convert Pc ISO to Psx ISO not gonna happen... You could Install the Pc version and play that if you want, just mount it to the virtual drive then click...

Start (the button on the bottom left of the screen not in Daemon but your task bar)>>Run

then type in the Virtual drive letter (example:: E:\ or F:\) which ever you Virtual drive is.

Then a screen will come up showing you what is on that ISO. It will be like you put the actual Pc game in your comp. Then install it that way. But if you want the Psx version youll have to find a diff ISO. Make sure you KNOW it is a Psx ISO.

Ps. No problem dude, I was helped alot when i was new so im just returning the favor...

Last edited:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
OG, I've just put Oddworld onto my virtual drive, run my virtual drive by how you said and then I opened up a certain file on the drive and then it run, I think I have the PC version, thank you, I'll try this with my other files.

Thanks alot, really appreciate your help, be back on soon, see yah! :)

DudeJustDoIT

Lifeless pain...
Good have at it... Ill help out as much as i can so do come back with any questions cuz EZ is the BEST DAMN FORUM!!!! HAHA Lol:D