Metal Slug 6 on PCSX2

Zerpentos

Hello everyone.

Recently I have entered the task of emulating Metal Slug 6 (after successfully emulating Metal Slugs 1-5 + X, view my guide here: http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?p=69217). I have gathered information from the ngemu forums about all the ways I can avoid crashes:

-I am running PCSX2 0.9.2 Virtual Memory build edition.
-The NLOOP0 hack (FFX hack) has been disabled.
-My Metal Slug 6 (Japanese Version) is compatible with PSCX2.

Yet, on the split-second I run Metal Slug 6, it crashes by exiting really fast. If anyone can help or lead me to some help, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any emulation problems of your own, I'd be obliged to assist you.

-Zerpentos

mhl12

what are your system specs?

Zerpentos

My system specs are horrible.

Windows XP Professional Edition
512MB System RAM
1.8 GHz Processor
128MB Direct3D compatible video card
56x CD-ROM Drive
6.62 GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c
Microsoft Keyboard
Logitech Cordless Mouse
Logitech 5.1 Surround Speakers

I don't think I need such a good computer because Metal Slug 6 is a sprite game that has been ported to the PS2.

mhl12

you still need a decent computer to play any game on pcsx2. What kind of processor do you have? If it's a dual core, you should get into the game. But if it's single core, I dont think there's much you can do.

take a look at these two posts w/ screens:
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-offic...re-16.html?highlight=metal+slug+6#post1066244
http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-offic...ere-5.html?highlight=metal+slug+6#post1042162

And compare their system specs with yours. If you need some more help on computers that can use pcsx2 fairly well, read this: http://forums.ngemu.com/pcsx2-official-forum/84457-will-emulator-run-fast-my-computer.html

Zerpentos

Thank you very much, mhl, for taking your time to search for these and taking your time to read. I will do my best to repay you if you ever need anything.

I can't afford a better computer because I'm not in a very good financial situation. I'll try some stuff with those plugins and look for any that I am missing.

Once again, thank you, and have a good night.

Zerpentos

I am still having trouble. I tried all the plugin combos on the two sites you gave me, and my system specs are close to theirs'. What else can I try?

We're still talking about the program closing instantly upon emulation start.

After all the other things initialize both the console and the emulator close.
All I can see that's wrong is the GS warnings. Is it something with my graphics/graphics plugin?

-Zerpentos.

Last edited:

Zerpentos

I don't think I have a dual core processor.

I am using:

-Graphics: ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.96.0
-Sound: P.E.Op.S SPU2 Sound Driver 1.6.0
-Controllers: SSSPSX PAD Plugin 1.6.0
-Cdvdrom: Linuzappz Iso CDVD Driver 0.5.0
-USB: USBnull Driver 0.3.0
-Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.2.0
-FireWire: FWnull Driver 0.4.0
-Bios: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) console.

I pressed the test button on each plugin and it all works.
-Zerpentos

Last edited:

mhl12

make sure you have set up your configuration based on your system using the guide linked above. Check if your graphics card supports ZeroGS KOSMOS.

Also instead of running it directly through the ISO, mount it using daemon tools and use PEOPS CDVD v1.2.0 instead.

Zerpentos

I am certain it is. My card features DX9, PS2 and VS2.

As for the daemon tools, I mounted the game on Drive E: and when I try to run it PEOPS CDVD 1.2.0 it shuts off instantly instead of hanging for 1-2 seconds.

-Zerpentos

Last edited:

mhl12

make sure you configured PEOPS CDVD 1.2.0 to select the correct drive that you mounted the image to.

Zerpentos

That's what I did, but still no response.

I mounted the BIN to Drive E: and then selected Drive E: with the plugin you suggested but it automatically shuts down, doesn't even hang.

I hope you've got more tricks up your sleeve but I don't wanna keep on bugging you like a nuisance. :sleep:

-Zerpentos

mhl12

hm.. not really sure then. Either way, I'm pretty sure you're not going to get any good playable speeds with your computer.. around 10 fps or even less. You can probably get some more help on the official pcsx2 forums if you still wanna try it out.