Internet Explorer or FireFox

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Now I love Firefox, but Im now im using Vista. I dont have a really powerful computer so I need to know which one uses less resources between FireFox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or any other browser. Any help would be nice.

Thank you

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
i use Maxthon classic, not 2. anyway been useing it for about 3 years, on windows xp, works great for me.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
cool ill give it a try

Jale

Firefox. Since I have 1 GB of RAM, I don't have to worry about resources consumption.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Firefox is also my choice, although it is the slowest of the three you mentioned. BTW, why run Vista when your PC is not that powerful?

Jale

Vista is pointless IMHO. They release shit for Vista only (ie: DirectX 10, Halo 2) to force you to switch from XP.

Micro$oft is going to die this way.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I didnt switch completly Im triple booting with Vista,XP, and Ubuntu. I guess ill just stick with internet explorer.

spotanjo3

Vista is pointless IMHO. They release shit for Vista only (ie: DirectX 10, Halo 2) to force you to switch from XP.

Micro$oft is going to die this way.

If we buy a brand new computer that come with vista.. Should we tell them to switch it to Windows XP or just accept it the way it is ? We want to know. Thanks!

Jale

Oh yeah, and what about the ones who can't buy a new computer to enjoy Vista? If I were buying a new one, I'd get rid of Vista ipso facto.

spotanjo3

Okay... I am curious... What's wrong with Windows Vista ? Is that because of some emulators have a problem with Windows Vista or what ?

Jale

That and more. It's unfair that many stuff is being released for Vista only when we (third world countries) are not ready for it yet. Not a problem for developed countries such as United States, because you have the technology and the "power of acquisition", I mean, you can easily upgrade to a faster hardware such as dual core processors, lots of memory, etc, because technology is cheaper there; but that's not the main case. What I really mean is that software companies use this marketing strategy to force us to move from a version to another we don't really want to use.

Last and least, software compatibility. This doesn't really bother me since that's what Service Packs and updates are for.

And finally, I have two OS to move from now in like, 2 more years: Vista and any distro of Linux. My most probable choice would be Linux.

spotanjo3

Umm......

One day there will be no more windows xp and every computers will have vista only. I fear for that because of some emulators cannot run this vista if I remember correct. By the way, which emulators cannot run with VISTA ?

Jale

Umm......

One day there will be no more windows xp and every computers will have vista only.
I know, but that day is not now. Windows XP still has a couple of years of support. I'll change my mind when I try Vista with Service Pack 1.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I know, but that day is not now. Windows XP still has a couple of years of support. I'll change my mind when I try Vista with Service Pack 1.

Im going to take the same approach. I was dual-booting XP and Vista and found I was using XP alot more. Maybe with SP1 all my programs will run smoothly, but by then Ubuntu 7.10 will be out which has Compiz Fusion installed and enabled by default which is a million times nicer than Aero Glass.

Last edited:

Jale

Use both E7 and firefox sometimes you need E7 sometimes you do not

Like when you need to do windows update :msn_tongu
There's a Firefox extension called IE Tab which renders Internet Explorer's engine into Firefox, so you don't have to open Internet Explorer anymore.