Problems with my Emulator

Branght

The Guardian
i'm running through Delta with my ePSXe 1.7.0 Emulator. And it seems i have almost everything just about ready, however when i go to run a game, this Error comes up.

ePSXe.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failde to start because zlib1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem.

I have Reinstalled the program at lest three times and still have not been able to fix the problem.. I've read the New user guide just now and re did everything to what it says to do, but i still get the danged Error, would anyone know how to fix the problem at all, :)

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
i am not very well known with psx emu's but i'am gonna take a wild guess{so dont laug:happy:}

i pressume you have the win vers. if you have win. and linux if youve got linux, so i am not gonna ask-cause i don't think your dumb-..:thumb_up: so yeah if you mounted the game i can't find any thing but if ive got anything i will edit this post.
{BTW: search at other emulating forums, it might help}

Branght

The Guardian
Thank you, but when i loaded up my game i looked like i was going to play but yet another error tripped.

:excl: Error Running Epsxe

EPsxE:Opcode [1c-1369854] In PC [bfc00000] UNKNOWN [00000000:000:0]

Think anyone could help with this problem? ^^'

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Is Delta some kind of front-end for ePsxe? If so, what happen if you try to run ePsxe without Delta?

Last edited:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
The same exact thing actully. :dry:

Ok :(

Opcode errors is a bit over my head as they can mean alot. I also found this explanation:

An "opcode" error most often means the emu is running wild (due to whatever error), and tries to interprete some random memory as code.

The reason for this can be everything. Best way is to reduce everthing to minimum, that means: only use a software gpu, the internal epsxe SPU, and the epsxe internal cdrom/ISO emulation. And no save states, just emulated memcard saves.

One guess could be that a plugin is "broken". I suggest you do as it states in the quoted text. Reduce everything to basic plugins. Reinstall the plugins, and if all else fails try a previous version of ePsxe.

Also, there could be a problem with this particular game and/or the combination of the game and the plugins currently selected. Is this the only game you get the error with? Do you get the error message if you just run the Bios?

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
Or just use EPSXE 1.6.0 it's so much better to me, or maybe i'm just used to it, none of the zlib1 etc.. etc.. needed >.<

Branght

The Guardian
I have the 1.7.0
How do you get the 1.6.0?
I've tried everything to be honset, i've even tried running it on a CD Which will still give me the dumb Error.
I've also tried re-installing everything, plug-ins also.
*sigh*
I've no idea xP:glare:

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
Or just use EPSXE 1.6.0 it's so much better to me, or maybe i'm just used to it, none of the zlib1 etc.. etc.. needed >.<

I think you're just used to it. A new verion after 1.0 usually means it's even better. My experience with 1.7.0 has been flawless so far.

I have the 1.7.0
How do you get the 1.6.0?
I've tried everything to be honset, i've even tried running it on a CD Which will still give me the dumb Error.
I've also tried re-installing everything, plug-ins also.
*sigh*
I've no idea xP:glare:

Well, I still would like to know the answer to these questions:
*Do you get the error from running only the Bios?
*Is it just one game that gives the error and if so, have you tried to google it for solutions? Maybe the game is known to not work with ePsxe?
But if all else fails, v1.6.0 can be downloaded from the Emu's homepage.