What's the best TV for sub £600 at least 49" & good for playing emulated games

warriorcat

What's the best TV for sub £600 at least 49" & good for playing emulated games

Hey,
What is the best TV I can buy for £600 or less which is at least 49 inches and suitable for playing emulated games. Should I be looking for a 4k 10 bit hdr?
I would consider increasing my budget to £800 if necessary.
I am in the UK.
Thank you very much.

jeruka9-san

Rookie Developer >_> <_<
Re: What's the best TV for sub £600 at least 49" & good for playing emulated games

i see forum is dead i was hope someone help you but i see noone can help you all beginers >_>
best way is frequrency if its more image will be more clear and your eyes will not hurt
normally tv have 60 or 50 mhz you need at least 100mhz
only that will be good for playing
and of course hdmi no sucking composite or svideo get a conventer to hdmi and tv with hdmi output
or you cant just use composite/s video that will be less quality
simplest way will be use mono if you like :d
good choice is stereo:)
of course if you will be far away from tv buy cheap one with frequrency like above
there is also conventer / transmitter which can send a/v signal as stream to your tv
its called a/v signal transmitter
and if you like wires
conventer vga to s video /composite
if your console/tv have vga out (standard output)
audio can be get from pc /console with jack or those wires called RCA
of course there is also way to connect to scart
becouse this output combine video and audio signal
signal can be split :)

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What's the best TV for sub £600 at least 49" & good for playing emulated games

This is one of those questions that you just need to do a market search. Nothing special for a tv "suitable for playing emulated games". You just need a nice quality TV.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

This is one of those questions that you just need to do a market search.
That is key.

You just need a nice quality TV.
Have to disagree there. but refer to the first thing you said.

I bought a $3k tv in 08 and then a $500 6 months later. The 3k was amazing and picture perfect but played games horribly. The new TV also played horribly but had a game mode. Once in game mode it reduced latency and was perfect in that mode. So remember when buying to really do the research for gaming.

The only reason to get 4k is the hi reset for reading the screen in computer mode. Once the cam is running it hardly worth it. My 1080p does an excellent job at 50 inches. By now it has to be 200 bucks or less.

Last edited: