i have a problem with some websites???

buggesy666

when i go to some websites there are little boxes with a red X in them instead of showing a picture. i think it might have something to do with needing macromedia shockwave player but when i go to the website and try to download it the install box does not show up???
any help???

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
AFAIK these boxes have nothing to do with Shockwave. Try putting your firewall off and see if they still appear. If not, change your firewall settings.

buggesy666

no all i get now is a little red square, green circle and a blue tringle
i disabled the firewall

josephman1988

Then the images you are trying to view are animated and you do not have the correct software installed to view, when you view the page, is there a yellow bar at the top that say's you need to install a software? (ie.micromedia 8)

buggesy666

there is no bar? and when i try to install the latest version of macromedia flash player it says click the yellow bar at the top of the page but there is no bar!!!

montpics

Just tell what is the name of the site and we will check it for you. (Unless that site is an illegal ones) :cool:

ticktock

He's a Human Tornado
Try using a differnet browser, o think i read in one of your post earlier that you are using AOL, which sucks ass IMO, use Opera or Firefox

Zach

Put your PC back in the box, return it to the store, and never come back online again.

All your problems will be solved, and you save a few hundred bucks.
Some people just shouldn't graduate from consoles :excl: