Problem with PCSX2 (spu2 plugin)

under_net

This is what happens:
I double click on pcsx2.exe to run the program
I get a "could not load spu2" error I click OK and it takes me to the pluging screen
all plugins are detected by pcsx2 except for spu2PeopsSound.dll, I have the spu2PeopsSound.dll in my plugins folder but pcsx2 doesn't see it
I click OK in the setup screen and I get that "could not load spu2" error message again...no matter how many times I try this errors keeps apearing

Here's a print screen:

Last edited:

mhl12

does other sound work on your computer?
you probably need to update your sound driver

under_net

All other games and apps work fine, mp3s, movies, Audio CDs...only pcsx2 deson't see this one plugin and the plugin is in my plugins folder.

Here's how the plugin config screen looks like:

under_net

Same problem + new one, before the sound plugin error I get this:

I have a question for anyone who desn't have problems with the sound plugin...what codec pack you have? I have Ace mega codecs.

mhl12

when did they have codec packs for sound drivers?

just use the drivers that came with your computer/sound card. That should work.

Either way, you wont really get any good speeds with that pentium 4. You'll average maybe about 10 fps on FFX if you're lucky.

under_net

Well my problem is not with the sound drivers cause I have sound on my PC (like I said before)...and yes I do have my original sound card drivers installed. I can even use audio edition software...

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
i also have same problem
hmmm that was not a complete statement, please pick one?

i also have same problem and the above solution fixed it for me
i also have same problem and the above solution Didn't fix it for me
i also have same problem and done feel like reading the lines above, what is the fix.