Wii U Virtual Console selection predictions.

GamerSam

SO I am here to ask, who around here believes that the Wii U Virtual Console will have more games than the Wii Virtual Console did. Anyone wanna see this happen? I hope they have better deals, not one price drop ever in the Wii Virtual Console titles. I also hope Nintendo taps into their N64 legacy. Opinions?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
I think Nintendo should go free and open on the virtual deal. They are out of cycle old game common N, no wonder your loosing funs... Wii was great in all but the wii u is struglling, make it appeal to us N! That is just my thoughts.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I haven't gotten a Wii U yet, but I wouldn't mind it not having as many virtual consoles games, besides, I bought all the ones I wanted on the wii anyway.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
As an owner of a WiiU I have to say that the design is just fine (console + gamepad). What they need/should have done is more first party games at release to make an established consumer base. Then 3rd party publishers would have no problem going ahead and releasing stuff.

Still, I do not regret my purchace (first console I bought after my PS2).

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
As an owner of a WiiU I have to say that the design is just fine (console + gamepad). What they need/should have done is more first party games at release to make an established consumer base. Then 3rd party publishers would have no problem going ahead and releasing stuff.

Still, I do not regret my purchace (first console I bought after my PS2).
If you don't mind me asking, whats games do you currently have for the Wii U?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Super mario bros U (+luigi bros U)
Wonderful 101
Tekken (lol @ the mario suits)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (I only got that so I can link it with my Nephew's 3DS version and play together)
Sonic Lost World

The sad thing about the WiiU is that any game made by developers that know what they are doing not only plays well but it also looks awesome.

My next game, if it gets released, will probably be X.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-09-most-anticipated-x

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
My nephew has one. I have to say like all Nintendo "stuff" they yet again came out with a neat design. Though playing with that tablet is no fun for long games. I strongly recommend that pro controller. As Lefteris_D's said Nintendo really needs to produce more games. This controller has a lot of potential not yet shown. IMO Nintendo games make the console, they always have. 3party companies just dont do it right. However I'm very biased and love Nintendo games. There is just something about playing a game Nintendo made on their own console. I have yet to play Kid Icarus or any of the inspired greats to come so I remain hopeful.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
What makes you think I don't have a Pro controller already? :p

Also rant, if we do get a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3ds version for EU/US already announced) I DO hope they improve the controls a bit. Even with a Pro controller it's not very comfortable.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
What makes you think, i thought you didnt? :p :p

Old fart rant, "I DO hope they improve the controls" Yeah like take 4 buttons of the damn thing. Relay, who need so many frigged buttons? Enough with the button already... I grew up with one button and the games back there were a lot more entertaining. End old fart rant.