SSF emulator - How do I redefine my control pad?

Terramax

Hello

I've downloaded this Saturn emulator and it's working my Nights game perfectly. The only thing holding me back playing it till 3 in the morning is that I can't get my USB pad to work on it.

My pad is a Playstation USB converter. It has worked on other emulators like Gen, Fusion etc.

Whenever I go to Options > Controller and click the redefine a small box saying 'redefine' appears with just a blank screen. Nothing happens when I press the button on my pad. I press buttons on my keyboard but it will not let me selected anything unless I 'end task'.

I have tried changing from 'direct connect' to 'multi port' as well as changing pad to joystick etc but nothing different happens.

Can anybody help?

Thank you

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
What version of SSF are you using?.

I can recall one of the updates having this problem and it might be that you are using that particular version. I use it with a Playstation USB pad converter and it works fine.

spotanjo3

I use it with a Playstation USB pad converter and it works fine as well. Yes, I am using version 11.

Terramax

I've tried. It's got something to do with when it redefines the keys. As soon as I go to redefine the redefine box stays blank. What does it say when others redefine keys, or do people not bother?

outlander

Re: SSF emulator - How do I redefine my control pad? I FOUND AN ANSWER!

I had the same problem and solved it by accident. I was using a PS2 controller connected by usb and an adapter for PC. Everytime I tried to us the redefine button it froze up the emulator and I had to use Task Manager to shut the program down. I left the PS2 controller connected, but shut it off by PC adapter's power button. I then tried the emulator with a PC controller by RECOIL that looks just like a PS2 controller in button layout. I was able to use Redefine to set up the buttons with no problem. After playing for a while I shut the emulator down , disconnected the RECOIL controller, and turned on the PS2 controller. Next time I ran SSF it worked just fine with the PS2 controller!! I HAVE NOT NEEDED TO USE THE REDEFINE BUTTON SINCE AND DON'T PLAN ON TRYING! It has continued to work for me after several days and I have had no problems. The emulator must just continue to use the last button configuration no matter what controller is being used.
I hope this helps people. I searched all over the web for an answer and found nothing, so decided to post this here on this old thread. It should come in use.