Converting rom files?

Zilla103192

Hey everyone, long time emulator user, longer time gamer, and new forum member.

I bought back in December, an Atgames Sega Genesis handheld game system.

It plays pre-installed Genesis games, as well as genesis roms downloaded online.

The rom file it uses is (.bin). And that is the only file it uses.

Would anyone know if it is possible to convert, say a gameboy advance rom (.gba) to a (.bin)? And would it work on this handheld?

If not, would anyone be able to point me towards a GOOD emulator system that can run multiple emulators?

I am looking to take my roms on the go with me.

testmachine

Old member
Hey everyone, long time emulator user, longer time gamer, and new forum member.

I bought back in December, an Atgames Sega Genesis handheld game system.

It plays pre-installed Genesis games, as well as genesis roms downloaded online.

The rom file it uses is (.bin). And that is the only file it uses.

Would anyone know if it is possible to convert, say a gameboy advance rom (.gba) to a (.bin)? And would it work on this handheld?

If not, would anyone be able to point me towards a GOOD emulator system that can run multiple emulators?

I am looking to take my roms on the go with me.

Hey,welcome to the forum!
To answer your first question,it isn't possible to convert a GBA rom to a Genesis rom.It's logically impossible.
To point you to a good emulator system,you should go for an android phone.Any phone that has a processor with 1Ghz clock speed will do.As the android has many emulators for various consoles.I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S III,with a quad-core processor and an advanced gpu chip.
Console and Handheld emulator for the Android OS,are mainly paid.But there are some freeware emulators.
One i can say,that the S III runs the android ePSXe version smoothly.And there are emulators for PS1,N64,Sega Genesis/Master System,Atari consoles,GBA,Gameboy/color,super nintendo,nintendo and for many more consoles,and they have a big amount of compatibility.Good luck!
Oh and if you're looking for a budget android phone i would reccomend you these:
Sony Xperia Miro
Sony Xperia Tipo
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy Y
Sony Erricson Xperia X10 mini pro.

Last edited:

Zilla103192

Thanks for the info!

I don't think I would put money down for a new phone just to run emulators, I just bought a new phone recently.

Thanks again.

GamerSam

if you wish really hard and have a amazing imagination you can rename it .gba and pretend it will work on your SEGA handled