Question about Bad Dump (b) roms

atomize22

So if all of these rom packages include a ton of bad dump roms (b1), (b2), (b3).... why are they included? Is there some reason to keep them there?

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
You're free to delete them.
But if you want to have a complete set you need them :)

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Cowering has them in the Goodtools, so that people can see that their ROMs are bad dumps. Then some people started collecting them...

Cheetah

What exactly IS a bad dump? This was the only half relevant thread that came up when I searched, so smack me if I'm in the wrong place...But my best guess is that it's just a useless file...I'm a step farther than I was in knowing that I can delete all the bad dumps at least :D Just curious what exactly it is?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
A bad dump is a ROM that is incorrectly dumped. Sometimes they do work, but often not. You can delete them safely only if a good dump is available. There are games for which only bad dumps are available, so they need redumping.

Genome

north west south west
hey alco do you have any examples of games that are bad dumps only?

(also quasi-relevant so smack me to if this is wrong/forbidden)
do ppl still make dumps of the classic games.(nes etc.) im sure nintendo dropped the hammer but what do you need to do dumps.)

(tutorials appreciated...if this doesnt violate rules of course:p )

***edit*** found a tut. looks to hard nvm @_@

Last edited:

hagbard

Check some GoodTools docs and you'll find some, Genesis "missing" correct dumps comes to mind

Last edited:

hagbard

Thanks, if someday I got time enough I'll check the newer NoIntro stuff