controlling nestopia with a ps2 controller via usb?

jdeity

I had read about this (of course I cannot find where now..), but cannot figure out how on earth to make it connect. I have nestopia running fine, and have the ps2 controller plugged through usb, the driver installed, yet I cannot find a way to make nestopia respond to it.

Any input or direction is greatly appreciated.

jdeity

i also have virtuaNES as well, if that helps. I cannot get this controller to work on either emulator.

jdeity

through a ps2-usb connector. Please don't tell me this is an unheard of thing on an emulation board :(

montpics

through a ps2-usb connector. Please don't tell me this is an unheard of thing on an emulation board :(
Yeah, I heard it about PS-USA connector before but not this. (Perhaps it is not available here.....) :rolleyes:

Anyway, did you make your joypad works on PC games?

You can try this one called joytokey. Hope this one would help you.

>CLICK HERE!<

jdeity

That link wasn't english..

I haven't tried the controller with any other games, as the only one i have on this computer (and plan on getting) is (don't want to say the name, don't want to break any rom rules. it's a popular one!).

Anyways, i've got the rom, i've got the emulator (multiple emulators actually), i've got my controller, adn i've got the ps2-usb adapter. I've installed the drivers, i've got the emulator functioning fine (played off the keyboard).

I just have no idea how to get the emulator to respond to the controller. It's driving me insane, i'm embarrassed at how much time it's taken me to do the controller, considering i had the emulator/game within 15 minutes of beginning this adventure. Got so pist yesterday i stomped my extra ps2 controller... this is driving me nuts!

jdeity

I googled and found the program... seems like exactly what I need, but still no response. My computer doesn't even seem to be responding to the controller anymore - i tried to remove it from the pc and then reinstall, figuring i'd start over; the computer will not even let me remove the installed controller, telling me a driver is wrong and to go to the device manager. Unfortunately I've never even heard of a device manager and the search function doesn't show one.

This is such a pita.. can i just buy a plug+play controller, or is this problem more related to usb-emulator, independent of the controller used?

jdeity

nobody? (clueless question - am i in the right type of forum for this question, or is this more for nitty gritty emulator tech stuff?)

montpics

nobody? (clueless question - am i in the right type of forum for this question, or is this more for nitty gritty emulator tech stuff?)
Few things that you need to know.

1. This forum is not a mIRC, whereas you can get your reply pretty easily from the people. Leave for a few days and see whether people around this forum would give a better solution.
2. I doubt Joytokey would solve your problem. (I still don't know whether you found the program or not.)
3. If you still can't wait for answer any longer, you can go to other forums as you please.

jdeity

I did get that program, and it wasn't able to make it connect.

I have no problem waiting, I didn't mean it to be taken that way, i just wasn't sure if i was in the right place or not, since i assumed connecting a controller would be an easy answer and i hadn't gotten any. I'm definitely content to wait, I really want to get this up and running.

jdeity

problem solved, used a friend's controller and everything is fine now (with that joytokey program). Thanks for the advice, w/o that program i'd still be sol.