ZSNES problem......

Legendeer

Hi

I have been playing Super Mario Allstars on ZSNES. When I got up World 1-2 or something, i paused it and did save & quit, but when the game came back on, my game was only saved on the first level.

I know you can save the state but it's much more messy and sharp than a normal save.

J

Jet Set Willy

World 1-2? That's level 2... and on which game? Super Mario Brothers? Lost Levels? SMB2? 3? Super Mario World?

You can't save on SMB1 or Lost Levels. You can't save on any other Mario game on level 2. You can only save after castles, fortresses, ghostenhausen etc.

belmont

You can try to save your state using the emulator.There is no real need to save in the game's SRAM memory.

J

Jet Set Willy

No, that sucks. Save states make the game easier, and completely mess up the game's general gameplay mechanics and experience. Damn you.

J

Jet Set Willy

...there are 8 castles. It's too easy if you can save after each level.

belmont

Originally posted by Lemon@Mar 19 2004, 10:00 AM
No, that sucks. Save states make the game easier, and completely mess up the game's general gameplay mechanics and experience. Damn you.
Well I disagree.It is good to be able to save in the start of each level.
Saves you from crashing the gamepad on the wall.

Legendeer

You are spoiling the game if you save the state. Like say you get up to the final level of a game, but it's a long level with 3 consecutive boss fights and you can't save in between bosses. You can just save the state, and there 'ya go, game completed. But you've cheated. You haven't completed the game the way the developers intended you to. Maybe you will complete the game quicker and with less frustration, but you get less satisfaction that way, and it's a LOT easier than playing the game with actual skill.

but I can see why you would save the state sometimes, I just think it kinda spoils the overall gaming experience if you can save and resume the level wherever you want.

El Fugitivo

I like using save states in some games, like Secret Of Mana, but only because I don't like to have to trek back to an inn to save.

taiga

I use save states constantly in RPGs.

I still enjoy the games. I finish each game with as much satisfaction as anyone else.

Go figure, huh?

... I must be EVIL.