Zelda : The Wind Waker

belmont

Let's say you have a GameCube,the GC modem adaptor and an original copy of Phantasy Star Online Episode 1+2.
By using a bug of Phantasy Star Online you connect the GC with the PC by some kind of LAN connection via the GC modem adaptor.
Them you simply load the iso.
After 5 minutes the iso will be loaded on the GC memory and will play like an original.
I haven't tried it but a friend of me has tried it and worked.

M.H.A.Q.S.

In our country, people don't give a damn about loading back-up games on a console. They try to get a modified console, then get the image written on a DVDR or CDR (if it is small enough) and load it.

Pretty easy if you don't want to waste time going around the LAN/Modem connection things.

belmont

Same here but this cannot be done with GC.
There isn't mass production of GC back-ups in contrast to PS2 and X-BOX.

suckthismeat

In our country, people don't give a damn about loading back-up games on a console. They try to get a modified console, then get the image written on a DVDR or CDR (if it is small enough) and load it.

where do you get dvd-r's that are that small?
Only ones I have seen are the full sized ones - and they certainly won't work in a GC

Also, if you DO find a disc that small, do you also need any sort of mod chip, or will it just work?

suckthismeat

Yes

hmm... you can transfer across network - no mod chip needed
and then the comment about burning the ISO's I want to know if you can find those discs, and if so then would you need a mod chip.... all it is is mini dvd.... they should have something available...hell they have min-cd's

I think thats a fair enough question.

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
You obviously would need a mod-chip and none exist at this point. There is a mod-chip for the more expensive and rare Panasonic Gamecube. There's also no way to get your hands on the disc Nintendo used, it's not a mini-DVD.

suckthismeat

AH, I was under the impression (when they realeased it) that is was a mini-dvd. And now to show off ignorance of the gamecube - what is the panasonic version? I have never seen this one myself so I do not know the difference. Is that the GC with the capability of playing regular dvds?

ScotchGuy

Board Addict
Yeah pretty much, it's like a Gamecube with more options. It was only sold in Japan. It's called the Panasonic Q.

Panasonic Q

suckthismeat

well that would explain why I have never seen one.

--EDIT--

Oddly enought, I went to the websiteand came across this " Panasonic Q (JAP/USA & Multi DVD region modified) "

though I think $499 for that system is a little too much.........

Hiroshi

Seen Mini-DVD-Rs at swap meets before but they were asking for more than a normal DVD-R (wasn't thinking of getting one anyway).
Panasonic makes the Disc exclusivly for Nintendo and I think Sony is copying it and using it for the UMD.

BTW thanks Belmont for that but sadly original Phantasy Star Online 1+2 copies are out-of-print here and I haven't got a Broadband adapter.

AngeloL

I played Windwaker today, and it was awesome! I got up to the castle thingy with all the lava. The world around Link is wonderful and it's way more exciting. One thing I hated, having to change the view all the time. That was frustration especially in battle. Oh yeh! Another awesome thing about this game. The fights rock! Link has heaps better moves and it looks pretty cool when he fights.