xvid ac3

buggesy666

i cnt play this file type with windows media player, real player or quick time any help

buggesy666

all i want to do is watch the vid on my computer can some one give me instructions how to do that?

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
If a movie doesn't play, download GSpot to see what codecs it uses and which ones your missing. A Google search should then be enough to find your missing codecs.

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack...it has everything you need...all my movies play and I've got many,many types :D
If you only want to watch movies (not encode) ffdshow is the easiest way,install it and you should be fine.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
pbdizayn said:
If you only want to watch movies (not encode) ffdshow is the easiest way,install it and you should be fine.

Yep, I'm also using that. I don't know if it's justified, but I just don't like having tons of codecs installed that I don't use, such as with the K-Lite pack.

hagbard

Media Player Classic, ffdshow, Haali media splitter and VSfilter it's all what I need. Just use that spliter instead of the built-in MPC

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Yep, I'm also using that. I don't know if it's justified, but I just don't like having tons of codecs installed that I don't use, such as with the K-Lite pack.
I like to have lots of codecs,you never know when you need 'em.And I do a lot of encoding...
Just stay away from Ace Mega Codecs...if you don't know how to work with the Windows registry/system32,you might experience "surprises".