Xbox with bigger HDD: F Drive invisible?

Jackske

Hi guys, after ten years of gathering dust i am trying to rebuild my (modchipped) xbox with a bigger hard disk (120Gigs) and running CoinOPS/emulators.

The problem is as follows;

1/ I locked the new HDD with xboxhdm
2/ I used "Heimdall's Xbox Engineering disc" (hexen) to format and repartition the drive. While running thisn disk i can FTP and acces/transfer my F drive without any problems.
3/ HOWEVER: when i eject the disk and boot from UnleashX (v0.3930528A) dashboard my F drive suddenly dissapears :(. It isn also invisible when FTPing to the dash.

I really don't know what to try next (have tried several other boot disks also) and would greatly appreciate the help guys!

Best regards

Heimdall

You may have already solved this, but your problem is that you need to update your BIOS to one that can read an on-disc partition table. HeXEn can do that for you - all of the BIOSes on HeXEn support on-disk partition tables.

Heimdall

Four things:
1. November 2012 is hardly a dead thread
2. Nobody had bothered to answer him, and people are unlikely to come back here if they get no help at all
3. If someone finds this thread by searching for a similar problem then they'll now have an answer.
4. As he was using my disc to do the rebuild I felt obliged to help him understand his problem.

I've checked, and can't see any explicit or implied rule that might apply, but if I've broken a forum rule then perhaps a mod could PM me and let me know.

testmachine

Old member
Four things:
1. November 2012 is hardly a dead thread
2. Nobody had bothered to answer him, and people are unlikely to come back here if they get no help at all
3. If someone finds this thread by searching for a similar problem then they'll now have an answer.
4. As he was using my disc to do the rebuild I felt obliged to help him understand his problem.

I've checked, and can't see any explicit or implied rule that might apply, but if I've broken a forum rule then perhaps a mod could PM me and let me know.

You didn't break any rules.The thread is considered dead when the user that made it wasn't online for a while.That is why i consider it dead.