Xbox emulation is possible

DigitalRenegade

Contrary to what the Xbox 360 Emulator! sticky says it is more then possible to emulate a Xbox 360. Hell I know coder friends who have already done just that. "The main unit of the Xbox 360 itself has slight double concavity in matte white or black. The official color of the white model is Arctic Chill. It features a port on the top when vertical (left side when horizontal) to which a custom-housed hard drive unit can be attached in sizes of either 20, 60, 120, 250, or 320 GB. Inside, the Xbox 360 uses the triple-core IBM designed Xenon as its CPU, with each core capable of simultaneously processing two threads, and can therefore operate on up to six threads at once.[27] Graphics processing is handled by the ATI Xenos, which has 10 MB of eDRAM. Its main memory pool is 512 MB in size." That's straight from the Xbox 360 wiki which is moderated by Microsoft. So let's see it uses a 3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon processor, I have a quad core processor. Done. It uses only 512 MB of GDDR3 RAM clocked at 700 MHz. I have 8 gb of DDR3 RAM. Done. It uses a 500 MHz ATI Xenos video card, I have a 1gb video card (don't feel like putting down what it is right now) that has run Skyrim better then a Xbox 360 possibly can with less lag. So I hope that sticky was a joke because if not then you are sorely mistaken. Oh also there are already PS3 emulators out there because the PS3 is around the same as the Xbox 360 so emulating that isn't a problem either.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
1. You expect us to take the word of a new user's first post?

2. This site is focused on emulation, we would know if there was one available.

3. We know there are PS3 emulators, we have one on the site.

1. You expect us to take the word of a new user's first post?

2. This site is focused on emulation, we would know if there was one available.

3. We know there are PS3 emulators, we have one on the site.
There are no emulators but its possible to emulate a 360 when an emulator will be released ad if you have 3.2GHz and 512MB Ram.

Btw majority of 360 games were released with better graphics on pc.

DigitalRenegade

Actually not trolling. Those ARE the real specs of the Xbox 360. Just look it up. Also yes you need 3.2ghz tri-core processor OR a 2.8ghz quad core or better.

Last edited:

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
You would need to be emulating the console PLUS the game. That sounds simple but it isn't. There are very few documents on how it works, plus it is way to powerful to be emulated just now anyway.

testmachine

Old member
Actually not trolling. Those ARE the real specs of the Xbox 360. Just look it up. Also yes you need 3.2ghz tri-core processor OR a 2.8ghz quad core or better.

First of all:You are a idiot!
Second:If you expect Xbox360 emulators to appear in the next 2 years then you are a even bigger Idiot than i thought.

PS2 is far weaker than the xbox360 and emulation of it requires at least a DualCore processor.So if we would like to emulate the Xbox360 we would have to double our PC specs just to handle the console's OS.
And BTW the PS3 emulator can run only Homebrew (with poor results).
So don't be a smartass and expect us to believe you...

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
Plus with PS2 emulators, there are still glitches. It's highly unlikely that an Xbox 360 emulator would be finished before a PS2 emulator.

Wtf, some ppl says it not exist and some it exist! Im annoyed now! Just shut up and is your problem if you think that it exist or no!

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
You guys are a bunch of spam troll'n trash talkin junkies LOL. chall-cray!

DigitalRenegade, is right its very possible. Its just a set of CPU instruction that fly over a cable connecting the cup to various hardware.its not that it is not possible, its that the hardware to do it is not antiquity. no body ever said it was a logic or talent limitation, its just that we dont have the computer power to do it. Now that is for the HLE paradigm... If some one had the time to try LLE it may be possible on today's hardware. So get your fancy friends to step up to the plate and try it.

Last edited:

sanscripter

Uhh Guys... I know it might sound strange, but why, instead of emulating the console, we don't "emulate the games". I saw it happen once, with devil may cry 4 ( i guess); it was ported directly from the xbox, you couldn't even use the mouse and had all the graphic indicators of a xbox game (buttons on screen; playability expected to adopt analog...) so it was definitely not the PC Version (not even configured for xbox controller). Unfotunately i can't remember exactly where i got it, so, i'll take it that this may weaken my credebility. But i assume that, at some point, on very early beta, the game is playable on a computer for developing reasons. Then again, i'm not a programmer, but maybe we could exploit that too.

VintageTorrie

Megadeth Fan
They've done that before with Project Diva, but I think it would be too much work, considering it will only affect one game, instead of the whole console's library.

sanscripter

Yeah, i figured that would be the case, but, emulation should be limited to games not available to PC under this circunstances. Such limitation would lower the number of the games considerably (even if they are still much).

Last edited:

the disaster

as i had also mentioned in another forum, xbox 360 emulator is simple shit. what it only does is put viruses on your computer. ive experienced it. its been nearly 6 months and i still cant get the virus off. And yes, there is NO such thing as an xbox 360 emulator.

testmachine

Old member
as i had also mentioned in another forum, xbox 360 emulator is simple shit. what it only does is put viruses on your computer. ive experienced it. its been nearly 6 months and i still cant get the virus off. And yes, there is NO such thing as an xbox 360 emulator.

It may be a Keylogger (It remembers your keystrokes and sends the information to the Hackers' adress).You should Reinstall your whole system!