Winrar: How do I turn webp archieves to JPG. or PNG. ones?

Genmu20

Second Post

I download Image Pack via. zip file but when I open or excract the files in a folder, instead of jpgs or pngs, only appeared as webp (HTML documents).

So I ask: How do I change the webp files in jpgs or pngs inside the Winzip? (It will be appreciative if someone can show me how its done)

pix07

Better use 7zip if archive can be updated.

Because with that program you can edit files inside without unpacking.

Otherwise use software as gimp and export as png.

The same can do inkscape.

https://www.7-zip.org/

https://inkscape.org/~Phoca/★inkscape-save-as-save-as-jpg-save-as-webp-save-as-png

https://www.converter365.com/blog/top-3-ways-to-convert-webp-to-png/

https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2021/01/16/create-extract-and-edit-archive-files-with-7-zip

And by the way .webp are web images just like .svg from inkscape.

The 7-Zip File Manager is straightforward to use and has a ton of features. Besides being able to create and open archive files, it can also edit them, including splitting and combining archive files.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

pix07

@Genmu20 Just install 7zip open archive and use option: open inside.

Then you should open any file yes windows installers too if they are compressed with nsis.

7zip also create tar,zip and 7zip archives.

Genmu20

Ok, finished installing 7-zip, so how do I convert them in jpgs or pngs once I open the file :unsure:?

If I want to do will all the files to change to JPG, it would be the same method?

I select them all so now should I click on the file section that says "open inside"?

I select them all via going to edit and clicking that said option, so what's my next move? (The chrome in blue shade means that is selected)

Ok, now im attaching to a new zip file, now what should I do?

Let me see If I can do it, if not I will try gimp.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    152.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    68.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

pix07

Simple if im remember well open inside and option edit.

Of course if those are compressed images.

If should open all just by select all files with ctrl.

Then you should create new zip archive.

Show all screens then i can help you.

On linux i have Engrampa and Ark those two programs use 7zip and RAR as frontends so i can edit files.

Last edited:

pix07

@Genmu20 Choose edit.

By tools you set own tools to edit files inside.

But im dont know that you can edit rar in 7zip.

Then you should press open inside.

If that will be not working i can edit that archive in my os.

Last edited:

pix07

@Genmu20 After its compressed open it choose tools in that options you will have set up editor to edit files.

Then select all files and edit or open inside.

siscavera

Ok, finished installing 7-zip, so how do I convert them in jpgs or pngs once I open the file :unsure:?

If I want to do will all the files to change to JPG, it would be the same method?

I select them all so now should I click on the file section that says "open inside"?

I select them all via going to edit and clicking that said option, so what's my next move? (The chrome in blue shade means that is selected) play store apk

Ok, now im attaching to a new zip file, now what should I do?

Let me see If I can do it, if not I will try gimp.
Is there any way to do bulk convert all webp files to png file?

pix07

@siscavera Try find some conventer in web.

Phrase is webp conventer good luck.

MichaelaWilson

It looks like you're dealing with an older thread, but don't worry, the solution to your problem still holds up! If you're still struggling with those webp files, converting them to JPG or PNG formats is the way to go. While WinRAR itself doesn't have native image conversion features, you can easily find online converters or software tools to get the job done.

Once you've converted your webp files, you'll be able to use them just like any other JPG or PNG image. And if you're optimizing these images for web use, consider using jpg compress tools to ensure they load quickly and efficiently on your website or project.

Last edited: