Winodws 7 Please Help

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I just got Windows 7 32 bit when I try to boot from the DVD I get CDBOOT Unable to boot from cd code -5
now my Vista DVD works when I try to boot from the DVD with a reset.
could I got a bad download or a BETA?

Here is what kind of computer I got Compaq Presario SR1910NX Desktop

I also got a old Laptop and if gives the same Error

Zach

I am assuming this was not bought at a store ?

It could be anything.. bad burn, bad version, etc

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I got it working. :)

During the boot from the Windows 7 installation DVD on some PCs the error message "Error Code 5 - can not boot from disk" appears. Affected are primarily computer with older motherboards of the company "AsRock" or "MSI". Other DVDs on these PCs can boot without problems; e.g. from a Windows Vista installation DVD. And the Windows 7 installation DVD is also OK, because this DVD can boot on other computers. Also the replacement of the DVD drive does not help. And booting from the USB stick does not help either. The error seems to be an incompatibility of "AsRock" motherboards with the DVD boot sector used by Microsoft in Windows 7 installation DVD.

Here's a way how to create a new bootable DVD with the free burning program "ImgBurn" which is compatible with the "AsRock" or "MSI" motherboards.

In addition to the burning program "ImgBurn" still requires a proper boot sector. If a Windows Vista boot DVD is available the boot sector can be extracted from this DVD. If no Windows Vista boot DVD is available, the freeware "vLite" can be used. In the program directory of "vLite" there is a suitable file "boot.bin", which is also a compatible boot sector.

Read More here

http://www.unawave.de/windows-7-tipps/code5-error.html?lang=EN