Why won't Sonic game load?

MickelBriyaeh

I used to play Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on Gens emulator without any issues, even saving my progress to load it later. However, tonight I encountered a problem where Sonic won't load anymore and Gens remains idle when I try to load the game. Every other Genesis game works fine, and I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling both the emulator and the Sonic ROM, as well as deleting owespeedtest config files and app data. Can anyone provide any help or suggestions to fix this issue?

solved:
  1. Check if the ROM file is corrupted or incomplete. You can try downloading a different ROM file from a reliable source and see if it works.
  2. Check if the Gens emulator is up to date. Sometimes, outdated emulators may not work properly with newer ROMs. You can try updating Gens to the latest version.
  3. Try running the emulator as an administrator. Sometimes, running an emulator as an administrator can help resolve certain compatibility issues.
  4. Check if your computer's drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues with emulators.
  5. Try running the emulator in compatibility mode. You can right-click on the Gens executable file and select "Properties," then navigate to the "Compatibility" tab and select an older version of Windows to run the emulator in.
If none of these solutions work, you may want to try using a differ

Last edited: