why emuation is good.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member

JoshM22

EMU's are nice due to the fact that they keep your pocket fat yes. Also back when I had an SNES and played a friends SEGA i NEVER beat any game that i played lol so i finally get to beat them with EMU's LOL.

Holland Guy

Wacked Out Humanoid Being
come on people, lets just look at the obvious answer:
to play old games that you can't buy anymore. emulation rocks.

JoshM22

come on people, lets just look at the obvious answer:
to play old games that you can't buy anymore. emulation rocks.

You can still buy old games at EB games, Movie Trading Company, Ebay and etc.It is just a pain the butt to find all the old games.

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
The $8000 NES: ( http://wire.ggl.com/2007/08/13/the-8000-nes/#more-207 )

Not bragging though - between the SNES and N64, I paid out a lot of greens myself. $500-600 a system plus $40-20 a SNES game and $60-40 a N64 game. I should hate Nintendo really. :p Even got a few arcadian machines for $200-400 tops a piece (I have an addiction to Dig Dug, Mario Bros, and Bosconian).

Emulation may be "FREE", but too late for the many others before... As for me: my wallet is pretty slim these days...

JoshM22 said:
i NEVER beat any game that i played lol so i finally get to beat them with EMU's LOL.

The only difference is you using those "save-states" before those "death-defying-jumps" pal, while repetitively restoring them until you get the result you want. Just kidding ya - LOL ;)

Last edited:

Zach

You can still buy old games at EB games, Movie Trading Company, Ebay and etc.It is just a pain the butt to find all the old games.

You must live in a very lucky area then, because outside of the Internet, I haven't seen retro games for 8 and 16-bit consoles and the handhelds from those eras for at least 5 or 6 years, and probably closer to 10

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
Zach said:
You must live in a very lucky area then, because outside of the Internet, I haven't seen retro games for 8 and 16-bit consoles and the handhelds from those eras for at least 5 or 6 years, and probably closer to 10

There's a Wal-Mart fifteen miles down from me, seeming to be the only store available to shop at, (of course you know what crap they have - LOL), though if I want to travel two hours into town (Gilbert), there's a little gaming store that sells from cartages to manuals from the Atari to the N64. A little shop I use to go to, but lately these days I've been shopping on Ebay... ;)

Last edited:

sleazodog

Emulation is good because of save states! It didn't keep my wallet fat, call me a sucker, but I actually obeyed the 24 hour law way back in the day. I even ordered some japanese games (Final Fantasy 3, 4, and 5) from egm just to play the translated roms. But yeah, save states all the way!!!