Emulator Problem: Why does the Xbox 360 controller connect to the computer but the PS3 controller doesn

lowrencese

I have a couple games on my PC that would be much easier to play with a controller (Borderlands) but I only have a PS3 controller and none of my friends want to borrow me a 360 controller. I can't connect my PS3 controller to my PC because it's to complicated. So why does only the 360 controller connect to PC? (A simple explanation for connecting PS3 controllers would be nice also :)

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
can't connect my PS3 controller to my PC because it's to complicated. So why does only the 360 controller connect to PC?
Yeah it makes perfect sense. Neither of those controller are meant to be used on a PC, but both "hacks" made it possible. Its merely a coincidence that one is easy then the other.

Have you tried this?
http://dl.qj.net/playstation-3/tools-and-utilities/sixaxis-driver-for-pc.html

LOL sorry man, I have to bust your balls here
I only have a PS3 controller and none of my friends want to borrow me a 360 controller.
really? Its lend not borrow.

noodlesdefyyou

There is a program called MotioninJoy. It used to require extensive work because the drivers were not digitally signed, and you ran a good risk of disabling all your usb ports (which was a huge pita to fix). However, now the drivers are digitally signed, although it only works if you are connected to the internet for some reason. There is an offline version so if your internet crashes your program wont, but you have to google search for it (its not on the mij site)

The program is very simple to use, and it emulates ps1, ps2, ps3, and 360 controllers (and you can even set up your own configuration). Rumble works perfectly playing PC games that have controller support, and works with my ps2 emulator, for the most part. You simply download it, install it, click drivers, and load all drivers. Make sure your ps3 controller is plugged in though so it can find it.

Bloodpantha

Yep, the drivers for 360 controllers to play on PC are already in the controller, you just have to wait for it to install and set up. PS3 just doesn't have that, that's the only reason I see it not working. That and if you're using a wireless controller instead or a wired controller. For wireless controllers you need to use a blue-tooth usb connector (microsfot has a wireless adapter for 360 controllers to work on PC) and set it up. Works that way with Wii controllers too.

Last edited: