when ran from cd, epsxe does not load

jigzacura

i have configured and reconfigured my epsxe, and i dont know what to do anymore. i am trying to run my ps1 game from my laptop dvd/cd drive(if this is possible?) everytime i click on run from cd, it loads a black screen and just stays there. what am i doing wrong? is this a display problem or a cd plugin prob. please help, i am ready to give up.

Thanks Shane (Newbie)

jigzacura

i have tried numerous things, such as download the aspi drivers from adaptec, i have even downloaded epsxe 1.5.2 but nothing works. i cannot use the epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2 because it wont let me select a drive which in my case is D:. It keeps on giving me this error "*Error in init aspi (235)" Also does espxe play every ps one game from cd? because i am trying to load wcw mayhem as my test game.

Anyone have any clues?

Shane

Last edited:

hagbard

Which windows version are you using? You don't need ASPI on XP/2000, use the Windows IOCTRL (SPTI), either with ePSXe built in CD plugin or Peops CDr. Sapu CDr plugin might work for you anyway.

If you want/need ASPI, better install it with ForceASPI, you'll find it with a forum or goggle search

( Please don't double post, just use the edit button ;) )

Last edited:

montpics

And try to use SaPu CD plugin as it is easier to be configured. And make sure that you had PS bios. :cool:

jigzacura

i have tried cdr sapu and peops cdr, nothing works. i have downloaded every cdr plugin. it always loads a black screen. i do have windows xp and i have ps bios scph1001.bin. i dont know what else to try. Is it common for it not to work on some pc's. i am on a laptop if that makes a different and it is a dvd drive, not a regular cd drive. i have tried configuring so many times. if anyone has any other tips, lets hear em.

i just ran ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2., on version 1.5.2 and when i ran it it said this:

*Running ePSXe emulator version 1.5.2
*Memory handlers init.
*ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [bios/SCPH1001.BIN]
*Init Core W2k cdrom ... * gettrackinfo error [4]
[D] ok
*NTSC cdrom detected.
*Warning: cdrom read mode unknown.
*Doing init gpu[0]...
*Gpu open[0]...
*Direct input init ok.
*Init core spu ... ok
*Error reading CD: 0,2,16
*Error reading CD: 0,2,0

When i try CDR Sapu i pick the d drive, my dvd drive, for interface i selected IOCTL/SCSI, read mode autodetect and it showed this on the command screen:
*Running ePSXe emulator version 1.5.2
*Memory handlers init.
*ePSXe: PSX BIOS loaded [bios/SCPH1001.BIN]
*Init cdrom ... ok
*CDrom open... ok
*NTSC cdrom detected.
*Warning: cdrom read mode unknown.
*Doing init gpu[0]...
*Gpu open[0]...
*Direct input init ok.
*Init core spu ... ok

Last edited:

hagbard

I'd try making a image from the CD, then mount it with Daemon Tools

jigzacura

i have tried two games, nba live 99 and wcw mayhem wrestling. when i tried it on my other computer they both work but not on my laptop. thats what i dont get, my laptop wont work.

jigzacura

is there a service that needs to be run for epsxe cdrom to work? when i was in my mcse class my teach took off some services that i might not have needed in order to speed up my laptop, which it did wonders. im just wondering if there is a specific service that might need to be turned back on. im am not sure what to do anymore.

TokioNiimura

Y'know, I had that problems, and seriously, all I did was clean the disk, and it works perfectly now. So...try that...^.^;;

jigzacura

You ran a disk cleanup and epsxe worked after? i highly doubt thats what the problem is in my case. not sure what to do.

Shane

jigzacura

i have tried cdr sapu on psxeven and it stiill doesnt work. with the cdrsapu at least it loads the playstation image screen on ps startup, but does not do anything else it says this on the psxeven screen:

PSXeven™ Playstation (PS1) Emulator
Copyright 2001 - 2005 Batard Inc (yeah right :p)

* GPU loaded successfully.
* SPU loaded successfully.
* CDR loaded successfully.
* PAD1 loaded successfully.
* PAD2 loaded successfully.

D0:\>
* BIOS Loaded Succesfully.
* Memory Initialized Successfully.
* SIO Init Complete.
* Root Counters2 initialized
* Mdec Initialized
* R3000 Cpu Reset.
WARNING: Unable to locate psx executable.
* Gamecode found: NO_SYSTEM_CNF
* Detected NTSC Disk
* Setting cpu to mode1
* No Cdrom disk detected.
* Started.
ERROR: Unable to read sector: 0:2:4
ERROR: Unable to read sector: 0:2:4
-- >> ESCAPE << --
* Ended.

WARNING: Unable to locate psx executable.
savestate: states\NO_SYSTEM_CNF.000 exists

what does this mean if anyone knows, and how can i correct it.
how do i know if to choose aspi or ioctl? i have winxp and a dvddrive. should i install aspi? i originally diid and it did not work. many times the cdr plugin does not read my d drive, but cdr sapu does read it.

Last edited:

hagbard

Again, did you try to play on your laptop from an ISO? This would make sure that the problem it's on the CD/DVD-ROM/RW drive on the laptop

Did you try this?:

1. Open the "Local Security Policy" console by clicking on the start menu -> control panel -> administrative tools, and select local security policy.
2. Then expand the "Local Policies" section and select "security options".
3. Change "Devices: Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only." to ENABLED.

jigzacura

hey hagbard i tried the local security option you gave me, it still does not work. i am also trying to create an iso image using alcohol 120% but it cannot read the playstation disc. my dvdrom does not read anything in there, only when i put in a regular cd. in other words it will read anything else but a ps cd. should it be able to read it, because it keeps saying that there is no cd please load one etc.

Shane

hagbard

Do you have other PSX CD to check it?

I'd say that CD it's scratched/bad burnt, so won't be able to image/copy it, at least without errors.

jigzacura

no its all of my ps cd's. on my other computer, it is able to be read, i can view the files within. my laptop it keeps saying that there is no cd, so it has to be the drive it think. but it works fine with everything else, so it cant be the driver. at least i dont think so.

Shane (confused)

Leerz

Pinoy Ako!
jigzacura said:
no its all of my ps cd's. on my other computer, it is able to be read, i can view the files within. my laptop it keeps saying that there is no cd, so it has to be the drive it think. but it works fine with everything else, so it cant be the driver. at least i dont think so.
Shane (confused)

Are you using a CD Writer as your Drive?, some drives are sensitive, are you using original CD's Of the games? well, you did say that "it works fine with everything else" - it Could be the disk or the drive, my Sony 52/32/42 Drive wont read some Copied/Backed Up Disks, but my Old Matshita can.. - its prolly the disk, being bad and your drive bein sensitive.. :eek: - -
hehe, well, if you are really "eager" to make the game work on your notebook,
make an image of the CD (in your other machine) and transfer it to you notebook, then load (daemon) :p