What do you listen to when you're feeling nostalgic?

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Not all UK bands are like that though. Some of them do try new things.

I mean, look at the Spice Girls. That was a new thing. Granted, they failed miserabley, but they did try.

Some US bands stick with older styles too. I mean, look at Emo. They're ALL THE SAME!

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
montpics said:
Speaking of rock songs..... don't know but there is a huge difference between US and UK music if you compared songs. US rock band always try new materials to attract people while UK rock band still mantain the old Beatles styles in which I really admired much of it. Really, I do. :)

Obviously you see the difference between US NU ROCK and UK's.

If we're talking metal...doom/gothic/thrash/black etc...Europe kicks USA's ass.
Might be some exceptions,but mostly I am right.

Beatles ?...Half-gay rock *VampyR pukes all over their old albums*

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Nu metal in US vs Nu metal in Europe, it's no contest for Europe. They have a waaaaaay better metal and rock scene than we do in the US. And their industrial kicks ass.

montpics

Akiko_the_Elf said:
I mean, look at the Spice Girls. That was a new thing. Granted, they failed miserabley, but they did try.
Those are pop band, not rock.

Another note, that band was the very first all girl band that manage to slap everybody's mind thinking only boy band monopolised the music scene. :rolleyes:
Some US bands stick with older styles too. I mean, look at Emo. They're ALL THE SAME!
Emo? Show me the band! :p

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
wtf do you mean show you the band? Emo? How about Fall Out Boy? How about My Chemical Romance? What about Him? What about Thursday? Well, I suppose Thursday is more like Screamo, but you get the idea.

So what if they were an all girl band? And you didn't say the difference between pop and rock. We were just talking about old things and new things. Besides, I would hardly call what the Spice Girls had a monopoly on the music scene. It was more like every one was too busy staring at their tits to look around and notice how bad they truly sucked.

Besides, they weren't THAT popular... :dry:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
montpics said:
Another note, that band was the very first all girl band that manage to slap everybody's mind thinking only boy band monopolised the music scene. :rolleyes:

Emo? Show me the band! :p

Admit you loved the girls you bastid ! Or at least one of them !

/me slaps montpics until he admits.

You don't know what emo is ? It's all about looking gay,saying the world is going to shit and stay in a depressed state all your life.

cloud4004

-=VampyR=- said:
You don't know what emo is ?

... I am so sick of everyone around me using the term... "emo"... You wanna know what it really means? It means all the rich white kid's now have something they can call themselves... I don't see why everyone needs a tag. Just fucking be yourself! :glare: You're told that from childhood.

Really... Being goth or emo or whatever doesn’t make you part of a special club. It doesn’t make you different or anything else. You're just another mindless idiot who can't think for themselves. One of the millions.

Last edited:

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Not necessarily rich but still loosers.

emo2cl.gif

^ now you see montpics what emo means ?
A picture is worth 1000 words. (although fake it shows emo in full effect)

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Oh emo...

I concur with Cloud. Just because you call yourself something, doesn't make you cool.

People should just learn that already.

montpics

Akiko_the_Elf said:
wtf do you mean show you the band? Emo? How about Fall Out Boy? How about My Chemical Romance? What about Him? What about Thursday? Well, I suppose Thursday is more like Screamo, but you get the idea.
Take note that I am from different country that mostly people and I really never heard of the weird names/things you mentioned earlier. ;)

And watch your words! :cool:
So what if they were an all girl band? And you didn't say the difference between pop and rock.
Just trying to clear out things. No offense. ;)
We were just talking about old things and new things. Besides, I would hardly call what the Spice Girls had a monopoly on the music scene. It was more like every one was too busy staring at their tits to look around and notice how bad they truly sucked.

Besides, they weren't THAT popular... :dry:
That's because they are not from your place. Ever heard of James Blunt?
-=VampyR=- said:
Admit you loved the girls you bastid ! Or at least one of them !

/me slaps montpics until he admits.
Actually I love all of the musics, not people. But don't slap me! That hurts! :D

Akiko_the_Elf

She Who Sucks At Life
Yes, I have heard of James Blunt, Montpics. I don't think I really am a huge fan of his stuff though.

The Fray is really good though. (If you've heard of them)

Zidane

Social Hazzard
man do i feel dirty, i felt kinda nostalgic listening to stand by me. though it was the remake by pennywise it still reminded me of the real one and it made me feel gooey inside. man i am so dirty

the king of garbage
the lord of filth
the duke of crap
the saultan of stink
the prince of gunk
the baron of slime
the god of all things dirty

man why "stand by me"?