What brought You To Emu-Zone?

Desert Drifter

Out From Under A Rock..
As for me: no rating system, no point system, no bull. You sign up, you post, and that's it - no ridiculous expectations. Basically a multiple interest community (other then emulation) that reminds me of the community I once had - a hangout community of potential with dedicated members. I've been to and thru many communities since 96, and hated them all for their clicks and flames brought on their destructive downfall... Long story short: THE PEOPLE ;)

EDIT: posted in the wrong forum - one forum back mods, one forum back... LOL

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Google and there is Good Bean Dip

insanemaniak

This User Is Insane
To find out what an emulator was and how to get one >.<

Hrothgar

I joined for help with emulators and to learn how to run trickier systems, as well as help out with 'simple' emulation problems when I can. What kept me around though, like Desert Drifter, is the people. I like this place because the members are fairly mature without being uptight (Hard balance to achieve), there isn't a lot of bashing, and a very friendly administration. A good administration staff is hard to find and I appreciate having mods and admin's who look after the site without flaunting their power.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
Boredom. The other forums I visit (and where I'm smod) aren't as busy as this one. It's nice to help people, like I have been helped when I started emulation :)

Robert

tbh it's so long ago that i can't remember why i joined.

Maybe to help ppl with MAME although, looking back, i didn't really know much about it myself then. :D

However, things move on, and now i help nobody at all. :p

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
I joined so that I could help people with Mupen64, even though those topics rarely show up. But, i help whenever i can.:)

JoshM22

The emulators brought me here. Also the fact that people can help you out here. I am a junior member here and try to help out people too. Nice friendly environment for the most part. Those are the things that drew me into this community.

retroguiden

Man of Many Talents
I joined so that I could help people with Mupen64, even though those topics rarely show up. But, i help whenever i can.:)

According to your signature you're using almost every N64-emulator but PJ64. Any particular reason for that?

Anyway, I came here because I wanted a forum concentrated on emulation and old games. I use forums alot and this is my second favourite (no 1 is a swedish Star Trek Forum).

Last edited:

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
What brought me here was a mix of kindness and always people there to help you, and i think its nice to help - as far as i can of course-

@ retroguiden, i don't know mupenman's reason but i've done it to, testing testing testing you know. like mupenman said there aren't much problems with mupen, but there are with pj64.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member
According to your signature you're using almost every N64-emulator but PJ64. Any particular reason for that?

Anyway, I came here because I wanted a forum concentrated on emulation and old games. I use forums alot and this is my second favourite (no 1 is a swedish Star Trek Forum).

well, Pj 64 never really caught my fancy, and it doesnt really support that many plugins. with mupen64, I can choose the plugins that i prefer, without there being like a, "could not load so, so, plugin." and plus, mupen64 was the first n64 emulator that ive ever played on, so naturally i would prefer it more than the others, =P

Zach

I came here to pimp my site. It was awesome, we had a spam section just for that back then..

And then I met Waz, and I have never been the same since....

Alas my poor Waz, he got himself banned forever! Love is so cruel!! :fuckyou:

P.s

Mupen, you need to chop 92 pixels off the height of your banner

Chocho

I came here first time for some advise about PSX amulation. Oh dear, it was four years ago! Amazing I can still remember my password. :D