What are different ffxiv mods that i can install?

robertpaul

Recently, I am encountering the rendering issue in final fantasy. The grass doesn't load for me or it just flickers and that is very annoying. Some of the ffxiv mods I have been using are Blue UI, chat grey box remover, HD buff icons, Hair redefined, Touch of real.

Can you please suggest some mods so that my flickering issue can be resolved?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
According to a google search that is a driver issue, at least with nvidia cards. Updating to the latest drivers should fix it.

Rosenivy

Now I haven't actually looked at the repos for Cactbot and ACT. But from what I gather, ACT is a framework that injects code into the FF14 executable during runtime. Specifically to gather data related to combat, I believe this is done by parsing the combat logs the game provides. (Check Lost Ark combat mode to compare them)

Plugins are then created that hook into ACT and provide custom UIs that work on the topmost layer of your PC. These plugins read the data provided by ACT and displays the data in their custom UI.

Cactbot is one such plugin.

In order to make these you must know how to code, preferably something like C, C# or C++ those tend to be the most common languages for making these sort of things.

Last edited: