What 64 emulator should I use?

Twan

Hi everyone. This is my first post here, and it's because I can't seem to be able to run games fast enough. I am getting 60 FPS on the intro to Goldeneye and 23 in the actual gameplay. I disabled sound but that didn't do much.

Here are my PC specs:
728 MHz Pentium III
256 MB RAM
Windows XP SP1
NVIDIA GeForce 3

I tried Corn but I downloaded it and got:
CornH
CornL
NeSC
read_me

CornH and CornL just loaded a blank white screen. I tried loading games with them at the same time but that didn't work. What else can I use?

Thanks

Jale

Well, you have 2 choices: Project64 and 1964. Try with 1964 and its frame skipping feature.

Twan

Butters said:
Well, you have 2 choices: Project64 and 1964. Try with 1964 and its frame skipping feature.

Well if I upgrade my video card will that make it 100 FPS?

How much do I have to spend to get a good vid card that'll max out the FPS?

And.....

How do I know if I have an AGP port (I heard I needed one)

Jale

60 fps is the smoothest I know so far, but you must know that not all games run at 60 fps, not even on the real N64 hardware; and your GeForce 3 meets the Project64 system requirements, so I think you don't need to upgrade it. The only thing you should upgrade is your video card's drivers. You can find them at http://www.nvidia.com.

How do I know if I have an AGP port (I heard I needed one)
See your motherboard's manual, but having a GeForce 3 means that you have an AGP. I guess...

Last edited:

Jale

I know, but Goldeneye should NOT surpass its "designed" fps, because the game speeds up, at least for me and it's uncomfortable.

Twan

Ya so now I guess all games aren't really suitable for play on emulators? Here's what I wanna play. Let me know

Wayne Gretzky's Hockey
NFL Blitz
Legend of Zelda Ocarina
majoras mask
Mario kart
diddy kong racing

let me know Butters. I <3 u

Jale

Most of the games are fully playable, some with known issues, and some not supported or not emulable.

- Legend of Zelda Ocarina
- majoras mask
- Mario kart
- diddy kong racing

Those games are fully compatible with Project64, I know this since I have and played them with no problems.

- Wayne Gretzky's Hockey
- NFL Blitz

You should run them with no problems either.

Twan

Ya I just got this Boom thing from the internet to adapt the USB to 64 controller....how do I set this up with the emulator (p64)

Twan

Well I figured that out no prob but like Starfox Zelda and other shit is poorly ran.

Gahhhh how should I configure my shit?

Ansatsuken

About the first thread, I've got the same problem with Corn when I tried to run it. Is it a bug in the emulator, or it doesn't work on Windows XP SP2?

Last edited: