WGA Antipiracy Mechanism Adapted to XP SP3

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
Microsoft has adapted the Windows Genuine Advantage Notification tool to the third and last service pack for Windows XP. Designed to inform the end users that their operating system has failed to pass the Windows Genuine Advantage Validation process, the WGA Notifications component is now set up to integrate seamlessly not only with XP SP2 but also with Service Pack 3.
While avoiding terminology such as "pirated" and "counterfeit," WGA Notifications will provide end users running Windows XP copies detected as non-genuine with the necessary information and assistance for them to get valid licenses for the operating system.

"Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications notifies you if a copy of Microsoft Windows XP is not genuine. The notification messages only appear on computers that have failed the Windows Genuine Advantage validation process and that are running a copy of Windows XP that is not genuine. If you are running a validated, genuine copy of Windows XP, you will not receive notification messages," reads an excerpt from the tools description.

Microsoft has failed to reveal the changes, if any, implemented in the WGA Notifications update, but the WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe file has gone live on the Download Center on August 25, and in this context it is different from the WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe release dating back to early 2007. The only visible difference is in terms of the supported operating systems where Windows XP SP2 is featured alongside XP SP3.

With the release of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP, Microsoft has adapted the installation process and activation mechanism of the platform to match that of Windows Vista. Not only are XP SP3 users installing the client no longer required to enter the product key during the deployment phase, but the product now benefits from a 30-day activation-free trial period.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/WGA-Antipiracy-Mechanism-Adapted-to-XP-SP3-92497.shtml

cibomatto2002

Windows 10
I only update when a new Service Pack come out. Every time a new service Pack come out my computer gets alittle slower.

Jale

Since I build PCs at a computer store, I noticed two major improvements with SP3, and they are Windows Installer 3.1 and Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) compatibility. Do you remember some apps required Windows Installer 3.1 (ie, Windows Live Messenger) and the presence of an "unknown" PCI Device in device manager where it's supposed to be your sound device? This pack fixes them.

Last edited: