Virtual Clone Drive help

JoshM22

Okay so I use Virtual Clone Drive to mount DVD files and ROMS. I download DVD files constantly and need a way to convert them, in order to watch then burn. Usually these come in Video and Sound TS files. I haven't had any problems till i downloaded a 5giger DVD. TS file today. I already have another DVD file mounted. I selected all the files that came in the folder and licked OPEN WITH and chose mount with Virtual Clone Drive. After that the computer did nothing. I know i am doing this right. I could be wrong though cause i haven't mounted anything for about 2 months.

Last edited:

JoshM22

Okay well no help yet. I guess no one has a solution. Maybe re-installing Virutal Clone Drive will do the trick. Can someone give me a link maybe?

Zach

A link to what?

Anyway.. Did you try unmounting the image already mounted, and then mounting the new image from within the program? It's also possible that the program doesn't support the image file format that you downloaded.

Most of us here use Daemon Tools to mount images as it reads practically everything. But if you are simply burning these images in the standard DVD format why mount them and copy the files? Just select the image file in a burning program..

Last edited:

JoshM22

Hmm. I actually have never had to unmount the file or just forgot. I have bad short term memory loss ever so often. Well the files are Video and Sound TS and some are Bup files. I think the bup files might not be compatable with VCD. Well i usually like to watch the file before burning, to check quality and sound to make sure it is up to my standards.

JoshM22

I guess i could go back and use Daemon Tools again. Problem is it is difficult to use for games, and it says my trial ran out which it didn't i ended up deleting the prorgram. I tried mounting and getting Doom 3 to work, but never got that to work. What happend was i got all the discs mounted, but the way the game was programmed it required a phyiscal disc,and never figured out how to burn them properly Is there a free alternative to Daemon Tools and Virtual Clone Drive? I haven't heard or seen any others.

Last edited:

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
I guess i could go back and use Daemon Tools again. Problem is it is difficult to use for games, and it says my trial ran out which it didn't i ended up deleting the prorgram. I tried mounting and getting Doom 3 to work, but never got that to work. What happend was i got all the discs mounted, but the way the game was programmed it required a phyiscal disc,and never figured out how to burn them properly Is there a free alternative to Daemon Tools and Virtual Clone Drive? I haven't heard or seen any others.
the lite version of deamon tools maby?

JoshM22

Why not burn it and use it on DVD/CD drive ? It is much easier. :)

The alcohol 120% is other one.

I don't own a DVD drive yet. I would really like to play it on my 5.1 set up that is connected to my TV set. Just really wanna see how it looks on my 5 year old analog tv. :). I will be getting a DVD drive and yes it will be much easier than buying software to fix my registry cause that is what i will have to do in order to mount things. All the free stuff just don't work for me. Anyways thanks for the advice.