• Welcome to the Submitted Content Forum. You may use this part of the message board to submit content for reviewing before it is posted at the main site.
    • Acceptable Material
      If it is a review it has to be one of a game or emulator.
      If it is a guide/manual it has to do with emulation(how to use an emulator etc), not a game.
      New releases - Keep in mind that we check other sites regularly for those ourselves.
    • Necessary Requirements
      You may not copy content written by another person and claim it as your own. Any material found to be breaking that requirement will be removed.
    • Images
      You may use as may images as you like. At first you will have to host them to one of the many free image hosting services available. Once your material is officially posted we will copy them on the server.

Emulator Release: VGBA-Android 3.9.9 with improved Cheatopedia

fms

VGBA-Android Release Announcements

Hello, All!

I have published VGBA-Android 4.3.10 to the Google Play Store today:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.vgba

This update fixes the ARM V flag computation on x86 Android, adds the often requested slow-motion mode, and extends Cheatopedia with more Pokemon Fire Red cheats, submitted by users.

More importantly, Android Kitkat users should now be able to run games from their SD cards. As you know, Kitkat restricts third-party apps from creating or modifying files on the external SD card. Because of this limitation, if you store your games on an SD card, VGBA will save your gameplay and screenshots to the "VGBA" folder in the internal storage. If this folder does not exist, VGBA will save to the app-specific SD card folder, where it is permitted to write. Please note that all app-specific folders are deleted when you uninstall the app, so you may want to manually create that "VGBA" folder, or simply keep all your GBA games in the internal storage, avoiding Google's draconian restrictions.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed ARM V-flag computation after subtraction (Caravan Heart works).
* Added slow-motion mode, combined with fast-forward mode.
* Added more Pokemon Fire Red cheats to the Cheatopedia.
* Made a work-around for external SD card use on KitKat!
* If can't write to external SD card, saving states to /storage/sdcard0/VGBA.
* If VGBA folder doesn't exist, saving states to /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.fms.vgba/files.
* Fixed a crash in Cheatopedia, when displaying the list.

Have fun!

fms

Re: VGBA-Android Release Announcements

Hello, All!

Just released VGBA-Android 4.3.12 to the Google Play:

Those Kitkat users, who had problems with Cheatopedia in the last release, should find Cheatopedia working now. Same goes for .IPS patches support. People with Moga gamepads and other analog controllers are now able to adjust their analog controllers sensitivity. There have been many fixes to the File Selector and a few UI enhancements. See the complete change list below.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed Cheatopedia and IPS patches on Kitkat, when running games from SD card.
* Added "Analog Joystick Blind Radius" setting for Moga and other analog joysticks.
* Added "Show File Selector Toolbar" option to the File Selector.
* Added "Settings" menu option to the File Selector.
* Fixed a File Selector crash, when deleting a file.
* Fixed auxillary files display in the File Selector.
* Fixed sections navigation in the File Selector.
* Fixed scanline effects with OpenGLES enabled.

Enjoy!

fms

Hello, All!

I have updated VGBA-Android, my GameBoy Advance emulator, to version 4.3.13 today:

The updated version fixes the network play, for people who had connection problems. It also introduces a tilt joystick sensitivity setting and adds cheats for 7 more games to the Cheatopedia, including three Rugrats games.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed network play, although it is still slow.
* Added "Tilt Joystick Blind Radius" setting.
* Improved melodic audio quality.
* Added cheats for three Rugrats games to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc to the Cheatopedia.
* Added R-Type 3: The Third Lightning to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Prehistorik Man to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Sabre Wulf to the Cheatopedia.

Enjoy!

fms

Hello, All!

The new VGBA-Android update, version 4.3.14, is now ready to download from the Google Play:

Starting with this version, there is a GBA-like decorative background when running VGBA in portrait mode. I have tried to make the an nice looking, low-key background, to avoid interfering with the controls, but if you have a better idea for a background, send it in. I have also fixed a problem where touching anywhere on the screen, while holding the directional pad, was interpreted as holding that pad with two fingers. Also, lucky Xperia owners should find their circle button working. If it still isn't, let me know. Finally, I have added four more games to the Cheatopedia. Enjoy!

ALL CHANGES:
* Added decorative background that looks like a real GBA SP.
* Fixed directional pad activated by touching outside.
* Hopefully fixed "O" button on Sony Xperia gamepads.
* Fixed cheats not showing up automatically for recently added games.
* Added Gauntlet Dark Legacy to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Galidor to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Monster Force to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Phalanx to the Cheatopedia.

fms

Hello, All!

I have released the VGBA-Android 4.4, a new version of my GameBoy Advance emulator:

In this release, I am introducing the Box Art Downloader function, that searches and downloads cover art images of your games. You can either enable it permanently via the File Selector menu, or search for an individual game cover by selecting "Download Box Art" from the context menu. Keep in mind that not every cover can be found and sometimes the search may return a wrong image. To save network bandwidth, the Box Art Downloader only works over WiFi.

I have also been trying to make DropBox users' life easier. With the new VGBA, you no longer need to enter the password every time you use DropBox. Also, as you finish playing a DropBox game, your gameplay state will be automatically uploaded back into the DropBox.

There were other changes as well. See below for details.

ALL CHANGES:
* Improved sound chip emulation, adding GBA-specific bits to channel #3.
* Added box art downloader that searches and downloads game box images.
* DropBox no longer requires login every time you open it.
* Gameplay saved back to DropBox after you are done playing.
* Added "Download Box Art" option to the File Selector menus.
* Added Gallery support for SD card folders on Android Kitkat.
* Added DropBox upload from SD card folders on Android Kitkat.
* Gallery now shows box art, as well as screenshots.
* Improved background image in portrait mode.
* Upgraded DropBox SDK to the latest version.

Have fun!

fms

Hello, All!

I have updated VGBA-Android, my GameBoy Advance emulator, to version 4.4.1 today:

Whoever complained about .ZIP file problems, your pleas have been answered in this release. VGBA is now able to use .ZIP files from SD cards inserted into Kitkat devices. As it cannot unpack these files in-place, the unzipped ROMs are now cached in the application's private directory. Running .ZIP files from Internal storage, on rooted and pre-Kitkat devices works as it did before.

I have also added the ability to assign and use the "O" button on Xperia Play devices and made the backdrop image customizable. Or, you can disable the backdrop completely, via the "General | Show Portrait Backdrop" option.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed support for .ZIP files stored on Kitkat SD cards.
* No longer showing box art for .ZIP files, as we cannot identify them.
* Now allowing to remap the "O" button on Xperia Play gamepad.
* Made backdrop optional (see "General | Show Portrait Backdrop").
* You can now supply your own backdrop in /sdcard/VGBA/Backdrop.png.
* Added two Lilo and Stitch games to the Cheatopedia.
* Added two Kim Possible games to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Peter Pan and Catwoman to the Cheatopedia.

Have a nice weekend! :)

fms

Hello, All!

The next VGBA-Android 4.4.2 release has arrived to the Google Play:

The hardware media keys will now save, restore, and replay your gameplay. If you do not have media keys, assign these functions to any other key on your gamepad or keyboard via "Input | Assign Keys".

Also, I am no longer prohibiting LuckyPatcher use. Too many users complained about not being able to run my emulators with LuckyPatcher installed, so from now on you will see a warning, but no crash. Please, do not use this as an excuse to pirate my apps: I can't keep developing them if people keep stealing them.

There is now proper, hopefully painless Wiimote support. You won't even need to assign anything, just enable "Input | Wiimote Support" in the Settings. Also, the BACK button found on some gamepads should be fully usable and assignable.

Finally, while testing VGBA on a real x86-based Android tablet, I have found a problem with the scanline effects and fixed it. Glad to say that these x86 Dell Venue tablets run VGBA very smoothly, even with all the special effects enabled.

ALL CHANGES:
* Added "Input | Wiimote Support" option for easy and painless Wiimote support.
* LuckyPatcher use now accepted, by public demand, but you will see a warning.
* Gamepad BACK button fully usable and assignable.
* Fixed scanline effects on x86-based Android devices.
* Added custom key assignments for freezing, restoring, and replaying gameplay.
* Added "General | Confirm Freezing State" option for people who tend hitting "Freeze" by mistake.
* Tested VGBA on real a x86-based Android device (Dell Venue 8).
* Fixed crashes when downloading DropBox files.
* The "REWIND" hardware key now replays recent gameplay.
* The "RECORD" hardware key now freezes gameplay state.
* The "PLAY" hardware key now restores gameplay state.
* No longer showing box art for .ZIP files, as we cannot identify them.
* Moved "Screen Orientation" and "Keep Screen On" to the "Video" tab.
* Reordered items in the "Video" tab.

Have fun! :)

fms

Hello, All!

I have just released VGBA-Android 4.4.3, a new version of my GameBoy Advance emulator:

Starting with this release, I am switching to the new Layout Editor that lets you control individual joystick button sizes, shape and opacity. It also shows button labels (something it has been missing for a while) and the screen edges buttons stick to. If the new Layout Editor is not working for you, or you have a suggestion about it, please, email me.

Also, the "Assign Keys" screen will now show current key assignments for each button. It is another obvious feature that should have been there from the start.

ALL CHANGES:
* Now showing current key assignments in "Assign Keys".
* Replaced "Edit Layout" option with "Edit Virtual Joystick".
* Buttons can be individually resized in Joystick Editor.
* Added scale, shape, and transparency options to Joystick Editor.
* Added gravity indication with dotted lines to Joystick Editor.
* Added button labels to Joystick Editor.
* Removed separate joystick size, shape, and opacity settings.
* Reordered items in the "Input" tab.

Enjoy!

fms

Hello, All!

Today, I am rolling out VGBA-Android 4.4.6, a new version of my GameBoy Advance emulator:

The new version lets you move and resize the game screen. Simply go to "Input | Edit Virtual Joystick" and drag or resize the blue screen rectangle with your fingers. Landscape and portrait screens have separate settings. This feature has been requested by many users, so here it is.

I have also fixed a bunch of issues in the Joystick Editor and added a hack to make some previously broken hardware keyboards work. If you can't use your Bluetooth keyboard, enable "Input | Ignore Fake KeyUp Events" and see if it helps.

ALL CHANGES:
* Added screen resizing/positioning to the Joystick Editor.
* Added "Input | Ignore Fake KeyUp Events" option to make misbehaving keyboards work.
* Added backdrop image to the Joystick Editor.
* Fixed joystick shape changes in the Joystick Editor.
* Fixed joystick resizing/positioning in the Joystick Editor.
* Fixed backdrop image shifting down after rotation.
* Removed some outdated code that is no longer relevant.

Have fun!

fms

Hello, All!

I have been busy fixing GBA emulation bugs this week. As result, Sword of Mana, Rayman 3, and a few other popular games work flawlessly in the new VGBA-Android 4.5:

As users keep asking me for compatibility with other GBA emulators, I am now now storing in-game saves in VBA-compatible .SAV files, by default. You no longer need to enable this feature in the Settings and manually rename files. Finally, I have fixed a few native code crashes that appeared after introducing the custom screen feature. If you experienced crashes recently, they should be gone now.

ALL CHANGES:
* Now saving VBA-compatible .SAV files by default.
* Disabling windows with invalid coordinates (fixed black screen in Sword Of Mana).
* Resetting rotation when BG size changes (fixed Rayman 3 Swamp Zone).
* If Duel Masters doesn't work for you, truncate it to 4MB, 8MB file is wrong.
* Fixed After Burner in Sega Arcade Gallery (by handling illegal reads).
* Fixed playfield and in-game saves in Crazy Taxi (no longer hangs).
* Fixed screenshots when using custom-positioned screen.
* Fixed crash when drawing custom-positioned screen.
* Fixed accidental crash when drawing overlay.

Have fun!

fms

The new VGBA-Android 4.5.2 release is now on Google Play:

I have been fixing pending emulation issues lately, so this release makes 10+ previously broken games from my bug list work. I also looked at the problem where some VGBA threads remained running after quitting the app, tying up CPU and memory. This problem should be gone now. Finally, as VGBA-Android now stores in-game saves in plain binary format, I've removed the "Save VBA Save File on Exit" option: you will no longer need it.

ALL CHANGES:
* Removed "Save VBA Save File on Exit" option, as no longer necessary.
* Implemented proper shutdown of DropBox and BoxArt threads at exit.
* Fixed stale timer thread remaining after exiting a game.
* Went through the global bug list fixing various emulation bugs.
* Fixed hangups in E.T., Worms World Party, Black Belt Challenge.
* Fixed playfield in Nicktoons Racing.
* Fixed dialogs in Scooby Doo Mystery Mayhem.
* Fixed sprites in Barbie Horse Adventures.
* Fixed background scroll in Altered Beast.
* Fixed sound in Monster Truck Madness.
* Fixed level finish in Hugo Evil Mirror.
* Fixed a bunch of other, mostly Japanese games.

Enjoy!

fms

Hello, All!

In VGBA-Android 4.5.3, released today, I have fixed a nasty bug that left multiple "zombie" processes as you used VGBA and heavily optimized the utility library, for faster startup times:

The new VGBA computes many utility function results just once and does not start Google Analytics until needed. This gives you faster game startup and snappier switching between Settings, Cheatopedia, Netplay, and other activities. I have also removed the AdMob library, as I am not planning to show any ads.

The cheaters among you will be glad to see cheat codes for two more Dragonball games, updated Castlevania: Harmony Of Dissonance codes, new Spyro and James Bond cheats.

ALL CHANGES:
* Eliminated multiple zombie processes created when starting activities.
* Reduced game start times by moving many common values to globals.
* Reduced switch times between activities (Settings, Exchange, etc).
* Only starting Google Analytics tracker when needed.
* Keeping just one instance of Google Analytics tracker.
* Removed AdMob library, as VGBA is not running any ads.
* Added new Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance cheats to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Dragonball GT: Transformation to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Dragonball Z: Taiketsu to the Cheatopedia.
* Added Airforce Delta Storm to the Cheatopedia.
* Added James Bond 007: Nightfire to the Cheatopedia.
* Added James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing to the Cheatopedia.

Happy new school year :)

fms

VGBA-Windows Released For Free

Hello, All!

Starting today, September 18 2014, I am making VGBA-Windows free for everyone to use and share. As you probably know, VGBA is the oldest GameBoy Advance emulator out there and you can now download it directly from the home page:

http://fms.komkon.org/VGBA/

The new VGBA-Windows 4.5 includes many changes, fixes, and improvements accumulated in VGBA-Android releases over the last few years. I continue developing it though, so if you have complaints or suggestions, report them in this discussion group:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!newtopic/emul8

Following is somewhat complete list of changes between VGBA-Windows 4.5 and the previous paid version 3.6. I will update VGBA-Unix to the latest version shortly.

ALL CHANGES.
* Improved audio quality.
* Now saving VBA-compatible .SAV files by default.
* Added GameShark cheats emulation (both v1 and v3).
* Added backward compatibility with VBA .SAV files.
* Added week day register to the RTC emulation.
* Added light sensor emulation (Boktai and Boktai 2).
* Added gyro sensor emulation (Warioware Twisted).
* Added tilt sensor emulation (Yoshi Topsy Turvy, etc).
* Fixed RumblePak emulation (Warioware Twisted and Drill Dozer).
* Fixed sprite color blending (Boktai 2 and other games).
* Fixed FlashROM saves in Pokemon and other games.
* No longer generating HBlank and VBlank IRQs at the same time (EZ-Talk).
* No longer allowing ICount to fall too far behind after a DMA transfer (Lego Racers 2, etc.).
* Fixed rotation parameters initialization in ResetGBA() (Lego Racers 2, etc.).
* Fixed ResetCPU() to request THUMB-to-ARM switch from the emulation loop.
* Fixed handling of >16MB games by disabling EEPROM at 0x09000000.
* Fixed ArcTan2() BIOS function (Mario and Luigi dyeing minigame).
* Fixed SoftReset() BIOS function, no longer accepting an argument.
* Fixed CPUSet() BIOS function (Galidor and Final Fantasy 6).
* Fixed RegisterRAMReset() BIOS function to unconditionally reset DISPCONT and BLDCONT VDP registers (Spyro+Crash Fusion).
* Fixed tilt sensor emulation to use separate developer supplied Tilt() function rather than FIREL/FIRER button bits.
* Added BIOS read protection to ARMonARM emulation (Tetris Worlds, Onimusha Tactics, Salt Lake City 2002, etc.).
* Fixed ARM V-flag computation after subtraction (Caravan Heart).
* Fixed THUMB PUSH instruction for cases where DMA is initiated with PUSH.
* Fixed MOVLR/BLL instruction sequence in THUMB mode to correctly perform a call (Mario Golf Advance Tour).
* Fixed LDM/STM instructions accessing stack at misaligned addresses (Mario Golf Advance Tour).
* Fixed a typo in the SMLAL instruction (Lego Racers 2, etc.).
* Fixed color #0 transparency in VDP MODE4.
* Fixed -ds command line parameter to take values from 0 ("mute") to 3 ("fast").
* Disabling windows with invalid coordinates (fixed Sword Of Mana).
* Resetting rotation when BG size changes (fixed Rayman 3 Swamp Zone).
* Fixed After Burner in Sega Arcade Gallery (by handling illegal reads).
* Fixed playfield and in-game saves in Crazy Taxi (no longer hangs).
* VGBA-Windows, VGBA-MSDOS, and VGBA-Unix now use mouse buttons to simulate tilt sensor.
* Switched VGBA-Windows to Direct3D in full-screen mode.
* Fixed VGBA-Unix to correctly restore sound when mouse focus returns to the window.
* Reduced audio latency setting in VGBA-Unix to 50ms.

Have fun!

fms

Hello, All!

Today's VGBA-Android 4.6 release adds the Cheat Hunter feature that lets you hunt for your own cheat codes in games:

Search for cheats in these few simple steps:
1) Start a game and select "Cheats | Cheat Hunter | Add Watch".
2) Enter the value to search for (money amount, ammo count, lives), how it changes, and the replacement value (like 99).
3) Play the game to make the watched value change.
4) Select "Cheats | Cheat Hunter | Scan for Changes" to find changed memory locations.
5) Repeat previous two steps several times, to minimize false positives.
6) Select "Cheats | Cheat Hunter | Create Cheats" to add and enable found cheat codes.
7) To edit newly found cheats, use "Cheats | Edit Cheats".

Enjoy your new cheat codes!

fms

Hello, All!

VGBA-Android 4.6.2, released today, fixes a rather serious bug that completely skewed 32bit memory access timings on ARM devices (i.e. 99% of all Android devices):

As result, the hangups in Metroid Fusion and Wario Land 4, as well as other hangups the users have not yet complained about, are completely gone. In addition, Pokemon players with different Pokemon games (Leaf Green, Fire Red, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald) should now be able to interconnect using network play.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed serious bug with 32bit memory access timings (were completely wrong on ARM).
* Fixed Wario Land 4 hangup after jumping onto the blue frog.
* Fixed Metroid Fusion hangup during intro sequence.
* Players with different Pokemon games can connect over NetPlay now.
* MULS/MLAS instructions no longer change C/V flags.

Enjoy!

fms

VGBA Release Announcements

Hello, All!

You can now pick up free VGBA 4.6 for Windows or Ubuntu Linux from the home page:

http://fms.komkon.org/VGBA/

The VGBA-Windows 4.6 has got a built-in utility to search for game cheats. Press F5 and select "Search cheats" to activate. VGBA-Linux 4.6 comes with a long list of additions and fixes, accumulated since 2008, when the last Linux binaries were released. These include better sound, wider compatibility, cheats, instant replay (press F8 to activate), and more.

Enjoy!

fms

Hello, All!

I have just released VGBA-Android 4.7 that addresses the remaining complaints about the sound quality:

The VGBA audio has improved a lot over the past few years, but some glitches still remain. Today's release attempts to fix these last glitches. I have corrected an arithmetic error that occurred when mixing direct sound channels and added a buffer to take care of an occasional jitter. Clicks in Castlevania and Metroid title sequences should be gone now, as well as crackling sounds in Golden Sun and many other games.

A few users also wanted to have individual backdrop images for each game. Your wish has been granted, just call your image Game.back.png and place it into the same folder where Game.gba is.

ALL CHANGES:
* Corrected remaining sound problems, fixing audio in many games.
* Added large safety buffer to account for audio jitter.
* Fixed arithmetic bug in the EMULib audio mixing routine.
* Each game can have own backdrop. For Game.gba, place it into Game.gba.back.png.
* Cleaned audio in Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission.
* Fixed scratching sounds in Castlevania: Circle Of The Moon title.
* Fixed distortions in Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2 intros.
* Aligning backdrop to the bottom on stretched screens.
* Moved GBA timers emulation into a separate function.
* Removed debug messages from the BIOS emulation.
* Added explanation messages to the Cheat Hunter.

Have fun!

fms

Hello, All!

This week's VGBA-Android 4.7.1 release fixes several emulation bugs and improves emulation of the legacy sound chip that GBA has inherited from the original GameBoy:

I have fixed the corrupted background in Golden Sun, reported by some users, by correctly resetting the background rotation parameters when its priority is changed. Similar problem affected Rayman, but was fixed a while ago. The invalid memory read that made Zelda hang at the top of a castle tower has been fixed as well.

For Android KitKat+ users, I've also added the "immersive mode" that completely removes all system controls when you are playing a game. You can temporarily restore the controls by pulling down from the top of the screen. Please note that even if you are using an older Android, you will still need to fling your finger from the top in order to show the title bar. This is done to avoid erroneous flings. Also, with the auto-hide option enabled, the title bar will disappear after 5 seconds.

ALL CHANGES:
* Fixed resetting rotation when background priority changes.
* Fixed corrupted background in Golden Sun battles.
* Fixed hangup in Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap.
* Fixed GB noise channel emulation.
* Fixed restoring GB sound chip state.
* Added immersive mode support for KitKat and newer.
* Autohiding title bar when "Hide Title Bar" enabled.
* You must start or finish your fling at the top to toggle title bar.
* No longer muffling legacy noise channel (no more need).
* Added configurable random noise generator to EMULib.

Enjoy!

fms

Hello, All!

In advance of the holidays, I have updated VGBA-Android to version 4.7.4 and released the new VGBA-Windows 4.7 for free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fms.vgba (Android)
http://fms.komkon.org/VGBA/ (Windows)

The Android version has got translucent navigation bars and separate settings for hardware media keys (PLAY, RECORD, FFWD, REWIND). If you like playing while listening to the music player, these settings will come handy. Also, VGBA-Android now speaks French! :)

The Windows version fixes several emulation bugs and greatly improves the audio. The sound glitches should now be gone from most games.

CHANGES IN VGBA-Android 4.7.4:
* Made system UI translucent when immersive mode is on.
* Added "Use PLAY/RECORD Media Keys" option.
* When enabled, RECORD saves, PLAY restores gameplay.
* Added "Use FFWD/REWIND Media Keys" option.
* When enabled, FFWD fast-forwards, REWIND replays.
* Added French translation, thanks to Sylvain St-Amand.

CHANGES IN VGBA-Windows 4.7:
* Fixed corrupted background in Golden Sun battles.
* Fixed hangup and walk-then-roll in Legend Of Zelda: The Minish Cap.
* Greatly improved sound quality, fixing audio in many games.
* Resetting rotation when background priority changes, not size.
* Added large ring buffer to account for audio jitter.
* Added correct legacy noise channel emulation.
* Added configurable random noise generator to EMULib.
* Fixed restoring legacy sound chip state.
* Fixed arithmetic bug in the EMULib audio mixing routine.
* Moved GBA timers emulation into a separate function.
* No longer muffling legacy noise channel (no more need).
* Cleaned audio in Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission.
* Fixed scratching sounds in Castlevania: Circle Of The Moon title.
* Fixed distortions in Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2 intros.
* Removed debug messages from the BIOS emulation, making things faster.

Happy Thanksgiving!

fms

Hello, All!

I recently got a new Android phone and started improving VGBA for bigger screens and modern Android features. The VGBA-Android 4.8 adds multi-window and mini-window support on Samsung Galaxy devices, so that you can run VGBA side by side with other apps:

I have also added assembly-optimized routines for scaling GBA display to 1280x800+ Android screens, so it now looks bigger and better on high resolution devices. If it is still too small for you, enable "Hardware Accelerated Video" to make it fill the whole screen, at the cost of slight fuzziness.

Many people asked for a way to search for a game by name. The new File Selector Search now lets you enter a keyword when starting search, or leave it empty to find ALL your GBA games.

Finally, I have fixed a bunch of nasty Android-related bugs. The automatic frame skip and hardware accelerated audio are once again enabled by default when you install VGBA. The screen no longer shakes when you enable both auto frame skip and OpenGLES, and the problem pulling the title bar on some phones has been fixed.

ALL CHANGES:
* Added multi-window and mini-window support on Samsung devices.
* Added searching by name to the File Selector Search.
* Added assembler routines for scaling GBA screen to 1280+ pixels.
* Fixed auto frame skip when accelerated video enabled.
* Fixed reenabling UI with a fling on Kitkat+ phones.
* Reenabled automatic frame skip by default.
* Reenabled accelerated audio by default.
* You can now fling from the top or the bottom to toggle UI.
* Removed deprecated code, settings, and resources.

Enjoy!