Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria (PS2)

montpics

Just for Valkyrie Profile fans out there. :)

This sequel will takes place several hundred years before Valkyrie Profile.

Screenshots?
>CLICK HERE!<
AND
>CLICK HERE!<

Speaking of the original one, that game will be rereleased on PSP in which will be titled as Valkyrie Profile : Lenneth.

Screenshots?
>CLICK HERE!<

hagbard

Hmm... I just hope Squenix won't kill this great game. I have my doubts about the PS2 version "2.5D" version

Zach

Technically its still distributing copyrighted music, so the true legality of music dumps is questionable, no matter what format they are in

hagbard

Truly questionable but no one have shown it's not legal

Zach

Are you daft? It is distribution of copyrighted music. What more is there to prove? Just because it isn't .MP3 doesn't change the case in point. The only reason game music is not in the news with the rest of music is because it is a niche market and not in very high demand compared to other music.

A copy is a copy.. You can't say ROMS are illegal on one hand, and then go and say music dumps aren't because somebody hasn't been sued over it. A dump is a dump, digitally recreated data, that was likely not made first hand by the person(s) coming into posession of the data.

Last edited:

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Ripping game music and distributing it is the same as ripping a game iso or dumping a ROM and then distributing it.

If you own the game I guess you could rip the music so you can listen to it while you are not playing the game. Distribution however is prohibited as it is part of the game.

Zach

OK, now that we've established this, and my real point in bringing it up was this... Why are the links to it still here? If the rule is not to link to copyrighted matrial for fear of legal problems after all - That's why I brought this to attention..

hagbard

I'm sorry not being right, so probably I'm daft anyway :cool: (I bit harsh, isn't it?). Anyway I think this is not exactlly music ripping, however this won't change too much. Actually would be the same for SPC or SID data, which have been linked here a few times. Oh well, nevermind

Last edited:

montpics

The game will have an ATCB Battle System, battles begin when you contact the enemies in the field. You can freely move in the battle field, 4 characters can participate in battles. The battle order is determined by the Action Point (AP) system. There is a Finishing Skill system, you can use chain finishing moves with combos to finish the enemies.
You can find more pics from here.

>CLICK HERE!<

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
Great looking game...never played it though.Is it something like FF series ?

hagbard

Heavily recommened, it's different from the "common" Japanese RPGs, just try VP on PSX and I can tell you won't regret

montpics

Different from FF series, developed by Tri-Ace and published by Enix that time. Mixed adventure/RPG element game filled with Norse mythology. Try it, if you are RPG die hard fan. :)

Or you can purchase a PSP's Valkyrie Profile : Lenneth which is a rereleased version of the original game. :cool:

More infos and goodies can be found here.
>CLICK HERE!< (Japanese official site)

montpics

Some info from the game.
Here are some images of Square Enix and Tri-Ace's PS2 RPG Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria, the game will be released in Japan on June 22, for 7800 yen. A new character named Leone is revealed, a beautiful female warrior.

There is a new system called Object Reading, you can pick up item and read memories of the item's past owners. Another new element is Materialize, you can materialize the soul of a past warrior, by obtaining an item the warrior used in the past.

Screenshots :
>CLICK HERE!<