[UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2)

Jale

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

Make sure file extensions are not hidden. I can't explan step by step, because my Windows is in Spanish.

haunter=best

Haunter = best pokemon

how do u stop them being hidden? is it just like file>properties>file types? stuff like that?

Jale

From any folder, click on Tools --> Folder options (or something like that). Then click on the View tab and search for "Hide extension for known file types".

haunter=best

Haunter = best pokemon

it still doesnt work, whenever i change it to .sav it deletes the save file, and when i load the rom back up on VBA, it creates a new .sa1 file

Last edited:

trickstorm69

ok i downloaded the newest version of N-Rage 1.83 but it comes up in my project 64 as version V2 1.80a, wat have i done wrong

haunter=best

Haunter = best pokemon

did u unzip it into the project 64 plugin folder?

miserylover71891

Miserys Lover

but does that cover the graphics in the game as well
cuz thats the only problem that i hav with mine

Amoeba

Hi, I've found the content in this thread to be very useful so far, but I've encountered a problem that from what I can see hasn't been addressed yet.

What I was hoping on being able to do was transer pokemon from the stadium ROM to the game boy ROM. But it just doesn't seem to save. Anything I do in the PC on stadium doesn't take effect on my pokemon red (or any other games).

I tried these exact steps:

Scenario 1

Open up stadium (not stadium 2, just 1) in pj64 with pokemon red .gb file and .sav file in the transfer pack. Select the red game pak, which seems to be working fine.

Go to Professor Oak's lab, choose Red, go to 'PC', Go to 'list', choose 'Onix' and teach it TM Earthquake.

Exit, choose 'save and quit'. Game saved. Save stadium ROM. Rom SAVED. Close pj64.

Open vba. Load Red. Load Red .sav. Check Onix's moves. No Earthquake.

Scenario 2

Open up stadium (not stadium 2, just 1) in pj64 with pokemon red .gb file and .sav file in the transfer pack. Select the red game pak, which seems to be working fine.

Go to Professor Oak's lab, choose Red, go to 'PC', go to 'pokemon', select recipient box as N64, select providing box as GB01. Move a rattata from GB01 to N64.

Exit, choose 'save and quit'. Game saved. Save stadium ROM. Rom SAVED. Close pj64.

Open vba. Load Red. Load Red .sav. Rattata's still there.

Return to pj64. Check N64 pokemon box. Rattata's not there.

I've tried different ROMs, different stadium roms. Is it even possible to do? It's the only way I'll get a Gengar, or an Alakazam, because I'm using vba, and the only way I can get bonus pokemon for completing gym leader castle, and the only way to get pikachu with surf and try the mini game, because my yellow cartrage died before I managed to.

boredman999

Hi, I'm new to this site and was trying to get my project 64 to allow me to use my pokemon blue in pokemon stadium. I've followed all the instructions throughout the thread but when I go on pokemon stadium on the first screen after the opening one it says:

This game pak
can't be used.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out please.

Mupen64 Man

Big fan of Mupen64
Staff member

thank you very much! i alway wondered if i could actually do that,

bobdude123

I have tryed it i change the control setting and swich to n rage but it does not have transfer pak can u send me a new copy of project 64 with it or send me the plugin:(

Jale

Check the first post of this thread. There's a link to the plugin's site.

Raiders213

Hey Jale i just can't get it to work i keep getting "There is a problem with the GB Game Pak's connector. Please turn the N64 control deck Off and consult the Transfer Pak InstructionBooklet" can you help me or any one else that reads this..............oh n would the gameshark cheats affect it?.........thanks never mind i got i don't know how but i got it....................but thanks anyway i didn't know you could do this with the emulator.......

Last edited:

Stoni

Ok, I don't have the 'Transfer Pak' option on my Project64 v1.5. Could you please help me figure out what is wrong? Could you please email me at masterhiei@hotmail.com.

Last edited:

Harbinger

Hi, I'm kind of new to the whole emulator project, so I apologize if this question or questions have been answered several times and I just did not catch the message.

Anyway, I'm having problems changing "N-Rage's Direct-Input 8 V2 1.80a" to "N-Rage's Direct-Input 8 V2 1.82a" or "1.83a." I've been browsing on here as a guest for a while trying to figure this thing out and well, i've been reading that 1,82 works with the transfer pak. Then i read later on that it only works with 1.83. I need to know which one actually makes "transfer pak" show up in the drop-down box under "Controller Pak." Also, if at all possible, I need someone to go step by step on how to change it.

Thanks.

skippa

desthis work with mario golf and tennis

Jale

It should work with all Transfer Pak games.

Viper1

Serial gamer

I'm sorry to disturb you guys but I get file ID ***** cannot load data or something like that...What should I do?
thx

EDIT: Nevermind it works now

Last edited:

tnu

Excuse me. i'm kind of new tot his and i'm wondering what i'm doing wrong. i directed each one to a GBC and the rleatred SAV but when i try to log n to Pokemon Stadium it says there is no savegame detected.