[UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2)

fox152236

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

yo butters its me again, the dumb/smart kid. i try to play yellow version of pkmn but when i try to load the .sav file its not there :( and when i try file> import> battary file it says my .sav file could be corrupted :( is there any way around this.

thnx for being smart so i dont have to :)

Jale

That's strange. If you don't have a .sav file, then there's no way you can load it on Project64.

digvijay_15dh

cool_gamer

hi m digvijay
could u please help me uot here?
i m unable to find the save file

digvijay_15dh

cool_gamer

i used the transfer pak but it keep saying Saved File not Found , my rom is not corrupted i checked and when i go to File > Import > Battery File and open my .sav file on my VBA it gives a warning : "Importing a snapshot file will erase any saved games and reset the emulator."

digvijay_15dh

cool_gamer

how to get the .sav file?
the file should already been there or i have to make it?

Jale

Don't triple post. The .sav is created when you save a game.

fox152236

That's strange. If you don't have a .sav file, then there's no way you can load it on Project64.

i know its wierd, but i fixed it, for all of you with the same problem, you need to have nrage 1.82 not 1.83 dont know why thats just the way it is.

LllL837

Is free battle the only mode that works Pokemon Stadium? Because whenever i go to stadium or castle because i know gb tower doesnt work the game freezes. I am running N-Rage 2.00b. thx:D

alexxi

back from hell

i need a little help here, i haven't played any gbc pkmn games before so i downloaded the saved files for pokemon silver and crystal from emulator-zones's save archive and only silver worked.
here are some screenshots:
pkmstadiumtransferpack1lw9.jpg

pkmstadiumtransferpack2vq2.jpg

pkmstadiumtransferpack3jd9.jpg

Jale

Maybe the GBC ROM and save file don't match versions/regions.

duhprest

I followed the instructions of the first page, but the 'transfer pack' won't show up, only the rumble and memory pack.
------
Looks like I forgot to put the plug-in in the plug-in directory of p64 :p

Last edited:

Jale

You need the latest version.

duhprest

I finally found out how to use the pokemon yellow on the pokemon stadium. But one tiny problem now.. when it reads it (where the controllers are shown near the beginning) I press 'A' and 'start' but it won't proceed :S it first said 'you haven't saved at a pokemon centre' or something and I did so, and now on the same page it won't proceed further. Help?

It would be pretty useful if the first post of this thread could be updated for pokemon yellow peeps and any other problems. Thanks :)

duhprest

it's pretty much the same problem as Lilian on page 16 of this thread. I've ticked the 'plugged' on controller 1.

This is the page that I'm stuck on:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v137/razerbladezaki/?action=view&current=temp.png

Exact same thing happens in pokemon stadium 2, where it doesn't proceed from that page. The 'A' button is shown being pressed, and i'm pressing it, but yet again it doesn't proceed

====

Turns out the keys changed for some reason xD

Last edited:

Ridh

hey all .... m new here ... it took me 4 dayz 2 get everyhing ryt for the PJ64 ... including downloadin the better plugins needed ... n i also spend time searchin for save files n at last got it here thx 2 alexxi's post .... but yea that dosen work too:( ... now i hav another silver rom and its save file it xact ".sav" format ... but when i load the game after presing START in "Game Pack Check" it says "this game pak can't be used" ...can any1 plzzz hlp me...n im jus in the starting with syndaquil in the 1st city pokemon centr ...should i play more of it and then play in pokemon stadium?? plzzz hlp ...

Jale

hey all .... m new here ... it took me 4 dayz 2 get everyhing ryt for the PJ64 ... including downloadin the better plugins needed ... n i also spend time searchin for save files n at last got it here thx 2 alexxi's post .... but yea that dosen work too:( ... now i hav another silver rom and its save file it xact ".sav" format ... but when i load the game after presing START in "Game Pack Check" it says "this game pak can't be used" ...can any1 plzzz hlp me...n im jus in the starting with syndaquil in the 1st city pokemon centr ...should i play more of it and then play in pokemon stadium?? plzzz hlp ...
Are you attending kindergarten? :dry:

I'll answer when you write something at least... understandable. I'm not asking you to write with perfect grammar either. Is that hard?

Ridh

:eek: sorry ... ook .. in short ...when i click start it comes "The Game Pak Cant Be Used" ... and in my GBC game that i uploaded i am in the starting and jus got the starter pokemon ...
P.S. i tried 2 upload the picture ... but they are asking for the internet URL ...and the picture is in my PC ... any help ...

Ridh

ook i got the pic ...

pokemonstadium1.jpg

and this is another pic
Pokemonstadiumpic2.jpg

o and i hav another problem ... everytime i choose the 2nd pokemon 4m rental it freezes ... any ideas why and how i can mak it alright?

Last edited:

Jale

Are you using the right cartridge?

Pokémon Stadium: Red, Yellow and Blue.
Pokémon Stadium 2: Silver, Gold and Crystal (I'm not sure about Crystal).

Dammit, you got the WGA Tray thing too :angry:

Last edited:

Ridh

ook ... no wonder ...im using silver for stadium1:eek: ... k il use red ... thx a lot ... but what about the 2nd prob?? when i chose the 2nd pokemon for rental it freezes .... why? thx in advance ...

i jus checked it ... it works when i use red!! thx .... but again even when i choose the 2nd pokemon for registration from my transfer pak it freezes .... any advise on how 2 make it alright? plzz ..

Last edited: