[UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2)

Csp@vek

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

Yeah thanks for the advices but can anyone tell me..how does it work on the 1964 emulator??:confused:

Csp@vek

lol i dont have a transfer pak thing in my project 64 i have the 1.6 version can anyone hlep me??;)

Jale

Csp@vek said:
Yeah thanks for the advices but can anyone tell me..how does it work on the 1964 emulator??:confused:
Some Jabo's plugin doesn't work on 1964. I haven't tried it personally so I can't tell.

And you need the latest N-Rage's plugin to make Transfer Pak work.

Morris the Gray

Whenever I use the N-Rage 1.82 plugin I can't even highlight and click the options at top like "File". Anybody else have this problem?

Jale

That's because you are using the mouse with the plugin and the mouse always stays in the middle of the screen. Try pressing Esc. I forgot.

Morris the Gray

Yeah, I was using the mouse as a control.

I could load the my rom on the plugin but not my save file. It says that it's a new file (no in game save) or that the save is corrupted. Any idea on what to do?

Morris the Gray

Well I figure it out.

ROM files that end in ".gb "can be renamed as ".gbc" so they can be used for the plugin.

My VisualBoy Advance 1.6a creates a file called that ends in ".sa1" for the game I played when I close the emulator. Save states that I created via the emulator end in ".sg1".

When I renamed the ".sg1" files into ".sav" (".sav" 's are needed for the plugin) and used them for Pokemon Stadium, the game says there is no save file. Once it said that I didn't save at a Pokemon Center and that was the closest I came. Anyway I thought the ".sa1" files were useless and I was about to give up when I renamed the ".sa1" files into the required ".sav" file. Well it worked!

Point is Visualboy Advance 1.6a creates ".sa1" files and one should renamed the extension into ".sav" for the plugin.

Last edited:

Jale

Yeah, same for VBALink.

Patamon

I have a similar problem. The plugin doesn't recognize the save file for my pokemon yellow rom. I made the save file with VBA (the latest version of it out)

G

Gigashock

if you're using vba then do this:

1-Open vba and start your pokemon game
2-Start ingame and save the game like you would in a real gameboy(press start e select save and confirm)
3-Go to File>Export>battery file...
4-Save wherever you like
5-Now in Project64 go to Options>Configure controller plugin...(note: the plugin you have selected must be Nrage's DirectPlugin)
6-In controller pak, check RawData and select Transfer Pak
7-Now select you're Pokemon GameBoy Rom and where it says "GB Rom Save" browse for the file you saved in step 3/step 4.
8-Now go back and start pokemon Stadium

:excl: Note: You must save in a pokemon center in the gameboy emulator in order to function completely

Hope this helped! if the problem still persists plz reply here

Patamon

nope, still doesn't work

I tried Stadium 2 with my Crystal rom and it worked, the only problem I had with Stadium 2 was the gameboy tower not running my rom, it would give an error message on screen like as if the cart was removed from the transfer pak

Jale

The Gameboy Tower is not supported.

Patamon

looks like I'll be switching between stadium and vba

now to get my yellow rom to work right with stadium 1

Patamon

I still can't get my yellow version to work on Stadium 1. It doesn't detect the save file at all.

I need help to get the damn plugin to detect my save file for my Yellow version

Patamon

sorry for spamming but I need help

Patamon

Come on! I'm sorry if I'm spamming but I'm really pissed off right now

montpics

Stop making multiple posts again, as most of the members are not 24 hours available as it should be. Give them some time to give the answer. Or if you can't wait any longer, you may go to other forum as you please.

Note :
Considered yourself a warning! :cool:

Patamon

Alrighty, sorry bout the spam. I just got very frustrated over the fact.