[UPDATED!] - Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2)

Jale

Re: Nintendo 64 : How to emulate Transfer Pak (For Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2)

Like 1964? Yes.

Rainbow Phoenix

WHen I download the latest n-gage plugin, when I try to play Pokemon stadium it crashed. it worked without the plugin though why does it keep happening?

Jale

What does it say?

Rainbow Phoenix

IT says

Cant open SRAM file
Continuing with null savedata

then it freezes

Nightwyrvern

The same thing happens when i try to load the .gbc the difference is it doesn't freeze. I've downloaded the latest N-rage and have p64 version 1.6.

help? Please and thanks.

edit: also, if i try to load the .sav a message says "cannot load ROM"

Last edited:
G

Gigashock

have you tried with version 1.82a?

just go to http://go.to/nrage, download and replace with the version you have and give it a try!

if it doesn't work, there is a slight possibility that the save is corrupt. Check to see if the game is ok in the gameboy emulator!

Nightwyrvern

Done all that. Works fine on my VBA. I'm going to try a few things, and if I can get it to work, I'll post up and let everyone know, since i'm not the only one. (it has now presented a chalenge, and one I don't entend to loose) >.>

Edit: tried with English version, still not working.

Edit again: WoOt!

*sighs* such an obvious solution u_u; of course I don't think of it till last....

Make sure you have BOTH the .sav AND .gbc specified.

thank you Butters... wouldn't have figured it out unless I had read your how-to multiple times, and saw the AND between .sav and .gbc. Sugestion though, could you change that 'and' to a AND?

Last edited:

Defender|

I have a problem... i changed pokemon red.gb to .gbc, and sg1/sa1 files to .sav files
It says i didnt save at Pokemon Center, and when i try to load my savegames back in vba it says Unsupported VisualBoy savegame: 1628158726 (always a number behind it)

This pretty sucks.. i spent 30 hours on my pokemon :fuckyou:

Jale

Why are you using a .gb ROM instead of a .gbc one? I don't think .gb games are supported and by changing the extension of the ROM doesn't help.

Defender|

w8... the transfer pak and such worked fine... the only thing is i cant change them back to vba (i read your post and changed the extensions lol... wasnt i supposed to do that?, i could register some pokemon of mine in 'free battle', but cant choose them in pokemon stadium... i know gb tower doesnt work)

How can i make the savegames work again (for vba)

Defender|

Let me be more specific... the original savegame (sa1 or sg1) < i changed extension to sav.

Pokemon stadium recognized the savegame but said it wasnt saved at pokemon center. So some stuff in dr oaks lab couldnt be accessed and i couldnt play with my pokemon (except register them in free battle)

the savegame (recognized by poke stadium so correct one) doesnt work for vba.

When i alter extension again into sa1 vba says: Cannot load game for . Playing POKEMON RED

I find this all really weird.. i just want to play in Pokemon stadium with a correct gb pak that has been saved at poke center.

Plus i want to play it in vba without this hassle, i want to make my pokemon stronger in vba, and play with em in poke stadium, i never thought such an easy thing would turn out to be such a hard thing... this sucks

Jale

Can you load the savegame with VBA instead of VBAlink?

Fingolfin7

if i want to do this do i need a controler to stay able to play?

Last edited:

bobo10512

lil' Problem- it won't work. It says something about a bad savefile or something.

EDIT:Never mind. Using 1.82a makes it work. W00t.

Last edited:

Fingolfin7

does anyone knows why i can't select transfer pack? i can only select: None, Mem Pack and Rumble pack :S

Jale

Update the plugin.

Pokémon

I need help with converting .sa1 files to .sav file extensions. How can I do this, and so it works in Pokémon Stadium.

Any help is appreciated.

Pokémon

Don't worry, I found out the problem, the .gb file was corrupted I fixed this and now the save file works.

Dikal

where is my Gameboy/Pokemon Crystal savedgames?.. i use VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.2 and Project64 Ver. 1.6 but i cant find them.. HELP PLEASE! ^^