The Simpsons changed intro

JoshM22

Wow, what an overhaul on the clarity of the show. The changed intro is cool. I like the old one better. How are the new episodes now? I have not seen a new Simpson's episode in over a year.

yes saw it yesterday very good i like when maggie gets angry with th ugly baby lol and abram simpsons wakes up with the horn of the car :)

Zach

But can any of you tell me why they kept some of those original scenes and what the running gag is ?

THANAMELESS

The Unknown
But can any of you tell me why they kept some of those original scenes and what the running gag is ?

I can tell you why they kept some of the original scenes, but the second question i don't understand.

there are proberly 3 main reasons:

1. Its nostalgic and recognizable.
2. Some of these scenes are just really good and allmost priceless, such as the writing on the board and the DOW at the car.
3. It shows some character development, if you don't know the simpsons you would proberly know the roles of the main characters, as you see Marge is the typical mother, lisa the smart kid, bart the little devil, maggie the little cutie and homer the dumb one....

Hrothgar

I've heard that recent Simpsons episodes have been following Family Guys style of humor. I like Family Guy, but I think Simpsons definitely need to hold on to their own style of humor. They need some new writers.

supernifty

Running gags are: What Bart writes on the chalkbord
Tune Lisa plays on her sax
What the scanner says when Maggie is scanned
and of obviously, the couch sit down

Ana

The Simpson at one time was a good show but anymore they are just something to pass the time :(

Tjhare

Ya they changed it because they are trying to reach a new TV audience. If you look at TV habbits, many things come back in generation gaps. the first generation that watched the simpsons watched terrific political and social satire which at the time cartoons were sorely missing. Then the simpsons became the staple cartoon, and thusly Knockoffs were created and directed towards a new generation, and that was in 1997. 97-2000 were terrible years for the simpsons, they milked it for all it's worth, and will continue to do so. The Idealism of the simpsons has died and replaced with the recognizable and repedative themes. Maybe if our society wasn't high on marijuana maybe we wouldn't be giving Family Guy and the new Simpson's writers the time of day. But don't forget that certain fads trickle down the age ladder, so who knows maybe the Simpsons and Family Guy's main viewing audience is 13... I for one view the simpsons as 91-96 , everything else seems generic.

JoshM22

I watched The Simpsons religously till about 2005. By 2005 the jokes just didn't hold the water the old shows did. Classic Simpsons episodes I could watch every day till I die.