Test Your Bandwidth

J

Jet Set Willy

Ours kinda make sense. The first two letters are obvious, the first number is a region, and I'm sure the rest means something.

Jay

Sly Little Devil
Your web browser downloaded 1,071,147 bytes in 9.36 seconds. In other words, your download rate is 893.77 kilobits per second. At this rate, you could download a 10 megabyte file in 89.51 seconds.

-- This is a work.... I have dial up at home :(

hitmonlee

Originally posted by Waz@Oct 14 2003, 10:42 AM
Ours kinda make sense. The first two letters are obvious, the first number is a region, and I'm sure the rest means something.
we right the state too, just not next to the postcode :)

i have a terrible feeling a package i am waiting for from the states has gone to washington (WA) instead of here, western australia (also WA)

:(

donkeyknob

Your web browser downloaded 1,071,147 bytes in 5.16 seconds. In other words, your download rate is 1,623.34 kilobits per second. At this rate, you could download a 10 megabyte file in 49.28 seconds.

Comparison:

Your Speed
1,623.34 kbps
T1: 1,581.06 kbps

Badger

Originally posted by DanielW@Oct 14 2003, 07:03 AM
damn, badger your connection speed is awfull. :(
I know

Little fucks like lingxiuo connect 140 times faster than me. Where’s the fucking justace in the world!

As for the UK post code

Say it was KA15 1HU

Well the KA stands for head sorting office in the area (KA being Kilmarnock, IP being Ipswich, etc)

the 15 stands for the area within that sorting offices area (so you have KA1 for the Kilmarnock area , right through to KA23 for the Maybole area.)

This area is then broken into 10 sub area’s, (the 1 part), which in turn is then broken into 26 sub area’s (the H part), then the U defines what sector within the area you are living (the 1H part), meaning your postcode it accurate to within few houses of showing where you live.

Badger

Amazing what you learn from using the Royal Mails postal address directory on a near daily basis.

Nick

Well, here are my results:

testresults.jpg

Motoko

Originally posted by hitmonlee+Oct 14 2003, 03:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hitmonlee @ Oct 14 2003, 03:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Waz@Oct 13 2003, 11:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hitmonlee
@Oct 13 2003, 08:36 AM
did you use 90210 by any chance?

I used CA1 because I had no idea what an American ZIP code should look like. Usually some state (two letters) followed by a number works when I need it for forms. I base it on English postcodes, which are for example: IP2 8LG (2 letter town, number, space, number, random 2 letters).

I'm sure you're all fascinated by this. I'll go find my beanie hat.
i am

you guys have wacky postcodes

we just have numbers too

i asked because i always used 90210 on any form where they ask for my zip. only postcode i know :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
Heh, i too always use that "zip" code as it's the only one i know.