swap magic DVD

buggesy666

i hav a swap magic disk 2.0 DVD EUR but it doesnt work prob cause of all the marks on the disk!!
i seen u can DL it in .iso form but i was wanderin wat size it would be?

hagbard

You won't be able to run the ISO once burned, you need an original pressed copy anyway

Zach

You need a real disc made on special burning hardware to be able to boot a game console

hagbard

Not burned but pressed actually, although it's made by special hardware anyway. I know the DC boot code is well know so it's possible to make self booting discs, but I don't think so about PSX

Last edited:

hagbard

So if your PSX doesn't have a modchip installed, I can only think you're using a "HK silver" pressed copy of ImportPlayer. HK silvers are pressed bootlegs made in Hong Kong (most of times, al least). Anyway it's a bit weird becuase ImportPlayer was free software AFAIK

From a readme.txt included on ImportPlayer CD v2.0 Alpha 5 I found somewhere I can't link here (very easy to find btw)
Modified Import Player For PAL PS1. (SCPH 102B)

To Play Imports on the new PS1 console you first need a Modchip like the Multimode 2.01 chip wired in 4 wire mode. This will allow the Import Player CD to boot.

Without the Import Player CD you will only be able to boot originals and backups with the same video standard as your own.

If you have a PAL PS1 then you need this modified version of the Import Player.

To Burn: You will need a copy of CDRWIN to Burn a copy of this disk.
Once you have it it`s just a matter of loading the CUE sheet and Burning BIN file.

To use it is simple ...

Insert the disk and boot the machine to the menu ...

When you get to the menu set Video mode to OFF as the PAL modified version of Import player works better if you set the video mode to OFF (some games will not load if you set it to PAL or NTSC) though don't be afraid to play around with it.

Don't make any other alterations to the settings and choose START GAME ... the screen will now say "Insert game CD and press any button to boot" this is what you should do ... open the door swap the disk and press any key ....

That is all that is involved .. Play your Imports !!

Last edited:

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
hagbard said:
So if your PSX doesn't have a modchip installed

Oops, since I have only played on modded PSXs it worked. It just getting too common to have your PSX modded. Thanks for the info and sorry for the stupidity :eek: :D

hagbard

Hehe, no problem, unmodded PSX like mine are not very usual ;)