Emulator Problem: SSF Error

Bloodpantha

I'm trying to get SSF 012 to work on my computer to play some Saturn games I haven't touched in a while. I would play them on my old Saturn, but it sadly isn't working. Now the problem is that I can't even get the emulator to start. Every time I try to start it I get this error:

IDirect3DDevice9::CreatePixelShader() error
File : ./Direct3D9.cpp
Line : 1201
Function : Direct3D9::_InitializeDirect3D9

I'm not exactly sure what it means. I don't know if there's something wrong with my DirectX or not seeing everything else I've used works. Is there anything that I can do to even get it to load up?

MarioGeek

Hm.. make sure you have the latest version of DirectX, and maybe try updating your drivers. I did a quick google and it may have to do with your video card (let's hope not).

Bloodpantha

Well, I already have the latest DirectX version on my computer. I do remember having SSF run on this computer before. I was actually running it from an external hard drive though. That drive conked out on me. Now I have it directly on my computer and it won't run.

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
the error means it could not create the pix shader, so either a) turn off shaders( I dont know how in ssf ), or b) get a video card that has better support. If tis the same video card, then yes its a driver issue.

Bloodpantha

I'll probably have to get another video card. But it's sad that I can run Dreamcast Emulators with no problem, but Saturn doesn't work. I even had an older computer with a weaker card work with it. Oh well, it's something I'll probably never understand, just gotta get a better card.