Sega Saturn...

chimp37

Is there any way to get a Sega Saturn CD game (Daytona USA) to work on the Saturn Emulator?? I have the emulators "satourne_v1_1p" and "yabause-0.6.0-win". Can you help??

montpics

Yes, but not fully yet. The best emulator so far is SSF, however you need to have a processor with SSE2 support. :cool:

Haven't test with the latest of Satourne version yet.

chimp37

I downloaded SSF_007_beta_R1, and when I open the icon called SSF it comes up with two messages; the first being "BIOSftf@fCf<ð�ÝèuÄ,-,¾,3,c.". The second one says "ftf@fC,ÍCÝ�z,Ý,ÉZ,"s,u,Ü,u,½.", and then it closes. It doesnt allow me to enter the options or anything.

montpics

Get the latest version from here.

>CLICK HERE!<

Note : You must have Saturn's BIOS in order to run that. By the way, that emulator only works for any Pentium4 or Athlon64 processors only.

Stormblast

I still have a few saturn games here but my saturn has died :my_skull: .
can i play them from the original cd with this or do i have to make a rom of the games first.

evossler

Does anyone have instructions on how to obtain the BIOS image from the Sega Saturn console? I'd like to dump mine and use it with SSF, but I can't find any information on how this is accomplished.

hagbard

evossler said:
Does anyone have instructions on how to obtain the BIOS image from the Sega Saturn console? I'd like to dump mine and use it with SSF, but I can't find any information on how this is accomplished.
You should know that only would be legal if you own a Sega Saturn consoles. Well, I have found very imprecrise info whicb I can't link, but here's the text:

Where can i find a saturn / titan BIOS?

There are two methods: - buy a saturn / titan and a par + com link and dump it by yourself, or - search the net, you may be lucky and find one. Always remember that you are allowed to have a BIOS dump only if you physically own a saturn / titan hardware. As you can see there's no way to get a BIOS by asking to me. I' not allowed to give you one.

evossler

There are two methods: - buy a saturn / titan and a par + com link and dump it by yourself, or - search the net, you may be lucky and find one. Always remember that you are allowed to have a BIOS dump only if you physically own a saturn / titan hardware. As you can see there's no way to get a BIOS by asking to me. I' not allowed to give you one.

Heh heh, yes, I saw that same piece of "useful" information when I was looking around for instructions on this earlier.

I do have a Saturn and want to dump the BIOS so that I can run Baku Baku animal in an emulator on my media center pc. (I only have the one game, and don't play it very often, but it's a nostalgic favorite of mine, and its a pain to hook up the console when I want to play).

It's the "and dump it by yourself" part of these instructions that is insufficient, since that's exactly what I'm looking for instructions on. HOW do I dump it by myself? If I buy the cable, hook the console up to my pc and plug it in, then what? I'm pretty sure it won't magically cause a saturn bios to appear on my desktop.

hagbard

If you just want the BIOS besides the dumping process, I think you know there's an easier way.

Last edited:

evossler

If you're implying that I should just find a copy on the net, I tried. . . couldn't locate one, as everyone seems to stay pretty well within the lines of legality, and every forum says "Don't ask where to find the bios we can't tell you, blah blah blah." If I could find it, I would gladly download it -- I wouldn't feel any guilt over it, given that I own the console anyway. But I can't find it. So I figure, fine -- if I have to dump it myself, then I will . . . except I don't know how, and apparantly nobody else does either, because I can't find any info on it.

Bah!

Ario

Can someone tel me not were to get the BIOS, I know that isnt allowed, but at least what the file is called, and how large it is, I dont wanna pick up spyware by grabbing the wrong file, and I know thats allowed, it was in the EPSXE thread.

alcoatjez

Capo di Tutti Capi
From the latest TOSEC dat:

Code:
game (
	name "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (1994)(Sega)(Jp)"
	description "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (1994)(Sega)(Jp)"
	rom ( name "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (1994)(Sega)(Jp).bin" size 524288 crc 2aba43c2 md5 af5828fdff51384f99b3c4926be27762 )
)

game (
	name "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (1994)(Sega)(US)"
	description "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (1994)(Sega)(US)"
	rom ( name "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.00 (1994)(Sega)(US).bin" size 524288 crc 4afcf0fa md5 3240872c70984b6cbfda1586cab68dbe )
)

game (
	name "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.01 (1994)(Sega)(Jp)"
	description "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.01 (1994)(Sega)(Jp)"
	rom ( name "Sega Saturn BIOS v1.01 (1994)(Sega)(Jp).bin" size 524288 crc 224b752c md5 85ec9ca47d8f6807718151cbcca8b964 )