psx emulation new-b need help

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
alright for some reason when i try to play a game on epsxe1.6.0 whether its DOA or ff9 (those are the only 2 isos i have) the screen stays black like it froze even before i get to play.when i dled ff9 it said somthing like disc1 part1 so i guess i need to download a second part but before i do that i want to make sure that someone else has ether had this problem or know what i need to do to fix this.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
um is anyone going to help. this is really annoying that i can't play my isos.

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
no i haven't played other games on this emulator and i don't think it's the plug-in im using petes opengl plugin. i think the biggest possebility is that the iso is bad. does anybody know a program that verifies if its a good or bad iso like goodN64 or somthing like that.

montpics

305soldier said:
no i haven't played other games on this emulator and i don't think it's the plug-in im using petes opengl plugin. i think the biggest possebility is that the iso is bad.
Did you run the ISO directly? Apparently I personally won't recommend you to do that as the emulator itself have some bug dealing with that. Try to use Daemon Tools to mount the image.

>CLICK HERE!<
does anybody know a program that verifies if its a good or bad iso like goodN64 or somthing like that.
No, and it'll never will as there's a lot of ISOs in which there are many huge files (around 600-700MBs a game) to sort them out. GoodN64 is another matter.

If it is still don't work, try to use other PS emulators then for the likes of PSXeven. :cool:

>CLICK HERE!<

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
alright thanks to everyone for the help. but im still not sure about the ff9 iso. like i said is the ff9 iso so big that they have to break it up into files? im not sure so can somebody tell me if they think that its real iso and if i should dl the rest of the files. its 10 files by the way.

hagbard

It's usual to split the some big files like isos on multiple files, like multipart rar's. Of course you need every part, once you got them unzip/unrar & you're ready to play

montpics

305soldier said:
alright thanks to everyone for the help. but im still not sure about the ff9 iso. like i said is the ff9 iso so big that they have to break it up into files? im not sure so can somebody tell me if they think that its real iso and if i should dl the rest of the files. its 10 files by the way.
Bah! Leechers! :p

And you didn't mention that ISO was being splitted in multiple files earlier. :glare:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
montpics said:
Did you run the ISO directly? Apparently I personally won't recommend you to do that as the emulator itself have some bug dealing with that. Try to use Daemon Tools to mount the image.

but i thought that daemon tools to make an image from a real disc not an iso and if you can give a walkthrough on how to do that it would be really helpful.

And you didn't mention that ISO was being splitted in multiple files earlier.

i did but nobody said anything about it so i thought i would mention it agian.and i also included more detail on the second time so thats a plus :p

Last edited:

hagbard

Install DT, click tray icon -> click "Device =: [F:] No media" -> select your iso image

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
heres another problem for you guys to solve, enjoy.
alright i dled and installed dt, i made the image and mounted it on the emu. now after maybe 2 mins of a black screen a message box comes up (very large might i add like if i was in safe mode) and it says something about a WGL file then i click ok and another message box pops up and says that epsxe has encouterd a problem and will now close.after all this happens all my icons are fucked up. what i mean by this is that it appears like if my computer was in safe mode(still, never really came out of that retarded imatation of safe mode) except i can't see all of my icons.

Last edited:

montpics

Sound like you have problems configuring the GPU plugin. Well..........

After you mount the CD image, try to make sure that the CD is fully 'complete' by exploring the CD. (I always check the ISO first before I play the game.)

Then, try to configure the graphics into windows mode as it is considered safer than clicking on full screen. Only Pete's GPU plugins have that windows mode function. Also, click on 'Nice' mode.

If the problem is not solved, try to use other emulators instead. :cool:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
okay i think the cd is complete cuz i put the bin (made a copy) that was in the archive inside another folder on my desktop and wouldn't stop if i didn't have all the files and the iso wasn't complete? then i made the image with DT and loaded it into the emu now with both emus (psxeven and epsxe) it says "no WGL extention" first what the hell is the WGL extention? also im using petes open GL2 plugin.

hagbard

Try Pete's OGL instead OGL2 plugin, or even the D3D one, as your video card itselft or drivers might not support OGL2.

montpics

305soldier said:
okay i think the cd is complete cuz i put the bin (made a copy) that was in the archive inside another folder on my desktop and wouldn't stop if i didn't have all the files and the iso wasn't complete? then i made the image with DT and loaded it into the emu now with both emus (psxeven and epsxe) it says "no WGL extention" first what the hell is the WGL extention? also im using petes open GL2 plugin.
I meant the CD itself, sometimes the doing a CD image failed to show what is supposed to be it is when you open explore the CD. I met with the same problem sometimes when I made an image.

No WGL extention....... Something related to your graphic card which can't support GL.

Here's something similar problem to this one.

>CLICK HERE!<

So, use others Pete's plugins and NOT OpenGL series. :cool:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
i got it to work i had to mount the bin directly to the emulator.
but now it plays kinda choppy.

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL

maybe you can now run tests and retests on the emulator. sometimes the emulator kinda destroys some of your icons when it goes error :thumb_up:

montpics

DrAkeNgaRd_KneLL said:
maybe you can now run tests and retests on the emulator. sometimes the emulator kinda destroys some of your icons when it goes error :thumb_up:
It may only happened on certain plugins or emulators. :rolleyes:

305soldier

hsdhaasd!
okay folks back with yet another problem

in ff9 the animated movie sorta freezes and the the sound won't go away when i close. it freezes in the same spot every single time. its when all four characters get into the ship in the village of dali and the ship is suppose to go to alexandria castle the animated movie comes up then it freezes. help me cuz i want to play the entire game but i can't play it if it keeps on freezing like this.