PSone Iso creation

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
Iso's are legal if you own the original game right?
Well, my PSone is busted and I have to wait a long time to get it fixed but I want to play the games now :D (impatient me) but what program is best to create the Iso with?
I tried with WinISO but the Iso wouldn't start on my emu (PSXeven is what I'm using).
Anyone know a good program :p ?

hagbard

ISOProducer it's good and free. There're other commecial solutions like CDRwin or CloneCD and so many others, but those work really good for me. I specially recommend CDRwin though. To get the best result try mounting your iso with Daemon Tools, as you should know. ;)

About the legal question, that's true but it might differ a lot from one country to other. In Spain, for example, technically it's not illegal to have a Iso that don't own its original, but actually the law it's not usually interpreted in this way, so it turns illegal anyway

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
hagbard said:
ISOProducer it's good and free. There're other commecial solutions like CDRwin or CloneCD and so many others, but those work really good for me. I specially recommend CDRwin though. To get the best result try mounting your iso with Daemon Tools, as you should know. ;)

About the legal question, that's true but it might differ a lot from one country to other. In Spain, for example, technically it's not illegal to have a Iso that don't own its original, but actually the law it's not usually interpreted in this way, so it turns illegal anyway

what do you mean when you say mount?

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
hagbard said:

thanks for the info :D
---------------------
edit: well, it doesn't seem to be working :( wen you mount an image you can use the virtual drive like a normal one no? well I can't if I use the Iso from ISOProducer :mad:

Last edited:

hagbard

chewbaca said:
what do you mean when you say mount?

Mount the image it's the same that emulate it, I just used the same terms on Daemon Tools :p

Tomtaru said:
edit: well, it doesn't seem to be working wen you mount an image you can use the virtual drive like a normal one no? well I can't if I use the Iso from ISOProducer

I can only suggest you to use another program (or try to load the iso witn ePSXe), there's another free one, cdrdao and its frontend Xduplicator. Not very easy to use but works great.

Otherwise, the commercial solutions are out there ;)

Tomtaru

hitokiri battousai
when I run Xduplicator I get the error cdrdao.exe not found?

edit1: CDRWin won't let me "illegal commaand request"?

edit2: CloneCD worked :D

Last edited:

hagbard

For XDuplicator you need to get cdrdao first

As for CDrwin, install forceASPI and don't use/install its own ASPI layer ( "Device & Settings" -> Check "Use the default ASPI driver installed on the system layer (if any)" )

About CloneCD, you might like to use an specific PSX profile. Just copy the quoted text and save it as "PSX LibCrypt.ccp", then move the file to CloneCD profiles subfolder. Now to use it eslect the PSX libCrypt profile for PSX media operations. You might change the speed if you don't like it by right clicking the profile.

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=1
RegenerateData=0
ReadSubAudio=1
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=0
ReadSpeedData=0
ReadSpeedAudio=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
NoErrorReport=0
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=3
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=1
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=0
WriteSpeed=0

Last edited:

hagbard

No problem, glad to see it works :)

Just in the case you're stil interested in cdrdao, you probably got the source or linux set. Here you should click on "Download cdrdao-1.1.7.bin.x86.win32.zip" ;)

Last edited: