Possible xbox 360 emu? Or fake?

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Oh nice, "complete these offers in order to download". I will not even bother to test stuff if they have me do this to download the files. Do not try it.

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Any emu that requires you to meet some certain condition in order to download is a fake. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

If you find one that actually has source code available, then you might have a legit project. Contrary to common belief, Xbox 360 IS possible to emulate on modern PC hardware. There just isn't enough documentation to emulate commercial games AFAIK, but more than enough to emulate the CPU, GPU, and a few other things like USB 2.0, etc. via homebrew. I've explained why it's possible on this forum many many times, but no one really listens, so...

Although it has *VERY* limited functionality, this is the only legit 360 emu project (xenia). I only say this because I know the guy who's writing it...

Last edited:

crimsonedge

LOL!!! Sorry guys, but my sides hurt at all the obvious trolling going on here.

The simple question of "are they really that dumb or are they trolling", is usually the later.

And Blueshogun, you already need a beefy PC just to emulate a lot of PS2 games @ 60FPS, an X box 360 is over 10x as powerful. I just don't see it happening until substantial advances are made in CPU technology. There is a link about Intel suggesting around 2017 will be the point where they move on from silicon based CPUs to far more superior components.

If someone was to go over to the PCSX2 forums, and ask when are PS3 games going to be emulated at full FPS, they would get laughed out the door.

I was at Dophin forums a few days ago and saw some "When are we getting Wii-U compatibility with dolphin" threads. They can't be serious, right?

ulaoulao

Controller Man
Staff member
its a fake but i found a site with legit emulators and roms. inbox me for more info ;D

Dont advertise methods like this to get roms on this forum.

Last edited:

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
And Blueshogun, you already need a beefy PC just to emulate a lot of PS2 games @ 60FPS, an X box 360 is over 10x as powerful. I just don't see it happening until substantial advances are made in CPU technology. There is a link about Intel suggesting around 2017 will be the point where they move on from silicon based CPUs to far more superior components.

If someone was to go over to the PCSX2 forums, and ask when are PS3 games going to be emulated at full FPS, they would get laughed out the door.

I know it's a bit old now, but like I said, I've explained why emulating 360 is possible many, many, MANY times on this forum alone, but no one listens to me here...

Keep in mind that PCSX2 uses some very "traditional" emulation methods (i.e. dynarec, interpreter, etc.). They work, but regards to emulating modern hardware, they are very slow techniques. In fact, they're so common that no one realizes that there are much faster ways to emulate hardware. Have you ever heard of static-rec or LLVM? If not, then that's why you don't see it happening. If you want real speed, that's what you should use. As long as you have an x86-64 CPU and OS, it can be done. A ppc64 -> x86-64 w/ AltiVec -> SSE static-rec or LLVM isn't an easy task but it has been done! I can't say how well it works though.

Last edited:

BuldozerX

Any emu that requires you to meet some certain condition in order to download is a fake. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

If you find one that actually has source code available, then you might have a legit project. Contrary to common belief, Xbox 360 IS possible to emulate on modern PC hardware. There just isn't enough documentation to emulate commercial games AFAIK, but more than enough to emulate the CPU, GPU, and a few other things like USB 2.0, etc. via homebrew. I've explained why it's possible on this forum many many times, but no one really listens, so...

Although it has *VERY* limited functionality, this is the only legit 360 emu project (xenia). I only say this because I know the guy who's writing it...

Is the 360 emulation just as hard as the first Xbox? I see the PS2 emulation is almost flawless, along with the Wii.

blueshogun96

The Old Kid
Is the 360 emulation just as hard as the first Xbox? I see the PS2 emulation is almost flawless, along with the Wii.

360 is much harder, but Xbox1 is hard enough. Even now, some things about Xbox1 weren't discovered until a few months ago (like the fact that it has 2 PICs; one master, one slave).