Pokémon emulator self-trading issue

Phorrest

Hi! I am playing Pokémon Crystal on mGBA emulator. I opened a new multiplayer window to self trade with my Pokémon Gold rom. However, when I try to initiate a trade on both windows, it says “your friend is not ready.” I mapped the second window to a controller and pressed the buttons at the same time but still nothing. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Phorrest

What are patches in roms? sorry I'm a bit new to this... Also, is downloading the release of mGBA in the link the same one that is posted on their website?

Phorrest

Ok I’m that case, I do not have any patches in my rom and I uninstalled and downloaded mGBA again and I am met with the same message

pix07

@Phorrest Do you have latest version 0.9.3 ?

You can also try downgrade to older if not work in latest.

pix07

Last edited:

Jeff.Oly

Hi! I am playing Pokémon Crystal on mGBA emulator. I opened a new multiplayer window to self trade with my Pokémon Gold rom. However, when I try to initiate a trade on both windows, it says “your friend is not ready.” I mapped the second window to a controller and pressed the buttons at the same time but still nothing. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?
As far as I know, it is possible with the paid version of the app; I'll check it for you in a moment...

So it appears to function similarly to GBA emulation. In that case, take a look at this. (It's specifically about how to trade between two instances of the same game to obtain trade-exclusive pokemons; however, instead of launching another copy of what you're currently playing, simply launch another ROM.) (Oh, and it's also important, at least for me, to have savestates in both games before trading in case something goes wrong) (and, obviously, save both games afterwards, not only one)
(Also, if you don't need to load from savestates, you might break your clock.)

Last edited:

Mythic

As far as I know, it is possible with the paid version of the app; I'll check it for you in a moment...

So it appears to function similarly to GBA emulation. In that case, take a look at this. (It's specifically about how to trade between two instances of the same game to obtain trade-exclusive pokemons you can check blastoise ex value; however, instead of launching another copy of what you're currently playing, simply launch another ROM.) (Oh, and it's also important, at least for me, to have savestates in both games before trading in case something goes wrong) (and, obviously, save both games afterwards, not only one)
(Also, if you don't need to load from savestates, you might break your clock.)
This is similar to what happens when you press B during evolution. Level it up again, and it will continue to try to evolve, just like any other Pokemon that evolves beyond a certain level. Make sure you're not pressing anything while it evolves the next time it levels up. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what will. Maybe look at the FAQ on the site I linked to?

Last edited:

BlackAdem

I switched every beginning Pokemon to a single Scarlet. Open two copies of Yuzu, one of which should be set to one account and the other to another.

If you have a VM adaptor, you can use the same single PC to join rooms while the other uses your ethernet. the same port is required for the connection.

Scarlet and Violet should then be launched on Yuzu after creating a game room with a direct IP connection.

Link trade can be found after choosing Poke portal. adhere to the standard transferring procedure.