Emulator Problem: pgm2 bios for knights of valour 2 new legends and knights of valour 3

Hex567

so i've recently come across knight of valour series and am obsessed with these 2 games .mentioned in the title.
but mame comes across an error when running them. on the selection screen it says "missing driver . pgm2.c"

i went ahead and googled this and was able to get my hands on said file. but still mame wont rune these games

should the generic pgm bios file on the various websites contain pgm2 bio files or do i need these separately. i've googled for the life of me pgm2 bios files and found only one japanese forum where a guy was asking the same question i am

how the hell do you play pgm2 games on mame? basically i want to play knight of valour n2 new legend and knight of valour 3 on mame.

malloc4096

I havn't played them, but looking at MAME's rom info i can tell you...

2 uses PGM, rom date:2000
3 uses PGM2 rom date:2011

2 should work
3 may not be emulated yet. I don't keep track of the offical grace period emulators give the developers before releasing emu support for a rom, but im sure you can find that info somewere.

hints:
name.c is a driver for mame, not the bios. all drivers don't need external bios files

command prompt
cd /D C:\to\mame\directory\befor running rom commands
asuming your rom paths are already setup in the mame.ini file
if not you may skip that step by alternatively including and specifiying the (-rompath path) switch

mame.exe -verifyroms (RomName.ExcludeExtension)
will verify if your rom is good or missing any files, including bios or a missing parent_rom

without having the rom or knowing the offical grace period my above hypothasis was based on the info from
mame.exe -lx kov3
under <game> it shows the pgm2.c driver but no bios designation(romof=), so one may assume either it doesnt require external bios files, or its just not emulated yet, or no one has released a bios dump yet, etc etc.

Hex567

yeah im busying myself on the few knights of valour games that use pgm1. but watching videos of pgm2 games just gets my juices flowing.

your right though. there's no bios requirements of the said roms i have which would hint its not been properly emulated(kov2nl and kov3) all the other kov's are correctly marked as requiring pgm1 bios.thanks for helping so quick